Short Story Contest

It's time to officially kickstart the short story contest

It's time to officially kickstart the short story contest. Write your heart out and may the best entry win ! Before we move onto the prompts, keep the following things in mind :

1. You are free to write in any genre of your choice. However, your story must have at least one magical element in it and it should be prominent throughout the story.

2. Your story must be based on the prompts provided to you. The prompts have been designed in a broad way, open to your interpretation. Feel free to mix them according to your wish. Use your magic wand, do a little hocus pocus  and give us a completely interesting story.

3. You can use the exclusive Participant Sticker, to showcase your story.

 You can use the exclusive Participant Sticker, to showcase your story

1

1. It's Spring already, but surprisingly, no flowers bloom on Earth this time. Your character embarks on a thrilling quest to find out why.

2. "Despite the forecast, live like it's spring." - Lilly Pulitzer

3. Every March, your character plants a new flower in their garden. However, this time, the seeds look oddly different. . .

4. While hiding Easter egg bunnies for your sibling in your penthouse, you stumble across something that holds the power to change your life forever - what do you do?

5. During Spring break, you decide to go to the newly arrived carnival in town with your friends. Little do you realise what you're heading for. . .

6. After undergoing loads of stressful work, a bad breakup and toxic friendships that you cut off for the better, you look forward to spending your spring break in the peaceful solitude of your grandmother's native hometown by the hills. It's serene, healing you- until you catch a strange person with pointed ears trying to steal an apple from Grandma's backyard one night.

7. Start your tale with- "I took the golden flower and tucked it into my bouquet, without anybody noticing. Smiling to myself, I joined the rest of the garden party. Everything was going according to plan. . ."

8. Write a story incorporating the following elements- Cherry blossoms by the lake. Two friends. An antique map. A ring.

9. Your character hates Spring for a deep reason, but when they stumble across a person who views life as colourful as the blossoms on Earth, what new shades do they find together? Does your character change for the better or for the worse? Are the hues as temporary as the changing seasons or do they last forever?

10. Your new neighbours have invited you for a spring themed potluck dinner. Everything seems perfectly fine and wonderful, until you notice a dessert appearing on the table out of thin air.

11. Spring signifies new beginnings.

🌸🌸🌸

🌸 Deadline for submission is May 31st, 2022, 11

🌸 Deadline for submission is May 31st, 2022, 11.59PM, EST.

🌸 Your story must have a word count of minimum 5,000 words and maximum of 10,000 words.

🌸 Your story must be in English.

🌸 Your entry must be written specifically for this contest.

🌸 Your entry must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

🌸 Your entry should include one Magical element, which should be significant across the story.

🌸 Submit your entries through this FORM.

🌸🌸🌸

🌸 Bragging rights

🌸 Bragging rights.

🌸 An exclusive winning sticker.

🌸 Shout out from Magic, YAFantasy and WattpadLitFic profile.

🌸 Author Interview from the Magic Profile.

🌸 Your entry will be added to the Winners Reading List on WattpadLitFic and YAFantasy profile.

🌸 Your entry will be featured on the relevant Reading List on Magic profile.

🌸 A review published along with the winners chapter.

🌸🌸🌸