- 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀 was an aries girl, through and through. Moody was a natural emotion to her, one of her main and best qualities. And when she was extremely pregnant, apparently those mood swings of hers were brought up to another level, and she hated literally everybody.

The day after the Midsummers was the first appointment she and JJ had booked in with the midwife. Kaci had to explain everything, and everything wasn't very good on medical terms.

"You haven't done a single thing?" the woman questioned. "In eight months?"

"Well, I did just tell you that, didn't I?"

"Do you know how damaging that is — not just for the baby, but for you, too?"

Kaci shrugged. "I mean, the cavemen did it."

"The cavemen also made themselves special medicine out of the plants."

"Oh. Oh well."

The midwife deadpanned her. She seemed so unbothered. JJ looked stressed.

"Kaci, you're going to have to go on a strict plan with vitamins and needles — see me twice a week — to make sure you stay safe. What you have done is unhealthy, and it could kill you."

"Aren't you supposed to be optimistic?"

"I am. I believe that with the right amount of help and care, you will be okay, but you can't keep going on like this."

"Are you saying I'm unhealthy?"

"Yes, Kaci, she is," JJ finally spoke up with a sigh.

"Bitch, I will fight you." Kaci glared at the woman.

The midwife looked up at the father for some direction in the subject, but he only shrugged. "She will fight you," JJ agreed.

Needless to say, the teens were gifted with a new midwife.

𖧷

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗿 midwife, Mandy, sighed, slapping her gloves on and smiling up at the future mother and father. She rubbed the warm gel over Kaciʼs bump and chuckled when the young girl began to cringe at the feel of it. "Don't like the feeling?" she asked.

Kaci shook her head, holding her shirt up to her chin. "I don't like people touching me," she answered simply.

"You know, babies thrive on physical contact."

Kaci smiled lightly. "Yeah, well, it's a good thing it's dad is a big, friendly bear," she said, looking up at JJ.

The boy smiled back to her, genuinely, heart hurting a little. JJ wasn't exactly sure where he stood in terms with his relationship with Kaci, but he assumed she wanted to simply co-parent. He wasn't sure if he wanted that. He wasn't sure if he could live his next seventy-something years watching her go through boyfriends, get married. He didn't want to raise their baby separately, he wanted to do it all together — like a real family, like the family he never got to have.

"Well, you were wrong about one thing," the midwife went on to tell the parents, not missing the short moment they had in the slightest. "You're due date is in early September, not late August — the 5th of September."

Kaci furrowed her brows. "No, but we fucked in November," she stated bluntly, causing the boy to look down at the ground.

The midwife nodded. "Yes, you conceived the baby then, but you didn't begin to carry it until your egg dropped, which was a few days later, turning it into December."