Chapter 20 - please believe me

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.." — Les Miserables. Pub. 1862, Victor Hugo.

 1862, Victor Hugo

🌕🌙ARES POV🌙

It's been a week since Samantha starts living at the mansion and since then, I've decided to live at my penthhouse.

I'm actually not planning to do that, but Samantha tried to seduce me where I've made up my mind that I will cut all connections we have, except when it comes to the baby.

After we enjoyed our family swimming that I promise to Artemis, that night, me and my brothers decided to drink a little, you know just to clear my mind and I got drunk. Samantha then went to my room and said that she just wanted to help me to get comfortable but when she undress me and herself, I throw her out and said that we're done and there's no reason to continue whatever we had in the past.

I know it's an absurd decision but what I didn't realize soon was the pain that I've caused to my only sister. Artemis ask for me every hour of the day because she have sensed that I have a problem eversince Samantha came to our house.

Artemis knew that I'm stressed but she never asked what's the problem when we're talking over the phone. She respected me a lot—- hence I hurt her by staying in this f*cking penth house! Alone!

And all my brothers hated me for hurting her.

On my second day here, Artemis visited me with swollen eyes and she said that she missed me so much and I fucking hate myself. That I want to punch myself because I'm the f*cking as*hole who did that to her.

I said sorry to her non-stop and to have her forgiveness, I told her that we will go to her mother's grave to offer her some prayers and flowers.

She's so happy about it but sad at the same time, but in the end her smile on her face never falter.

But that was not enough to all the pain that I caused her. So I decided that she will stay with me and asked my brothers
to come and get her to meet Mrs. Hidalgo.

They've got angry at me because they will miss her but what can they do? I am the eldest and the Capo —- and that's my decision.

I know , I shouldn't use that specially to my brothers, but I have no choice, I am not ready yet to tell them the reason why I am doing this and why I am here.

First, it is because I'm afraid of what they are going to think of me once they learned that I will not marry Samantha even she's carrying my unborn child.

Second, I have lot already on my plate and if someone knew about the child, it will be another target to get through us.