Twenty Seven

Despite Sophie's demands, the exhaustion from the past week bore down onto her and she fell asleep. Raphael took this as an opportunity; it took him two hours to convince himself not to do as she asked, and separate himself from the saucy female.

He stared at her in admiration from the far side of the room. She little woman had fed him until he was full and then demanded he take more. Sophie is glorious and he'd never forget it.

Raphael is content with keeping her in her bed forever but he knows she will want to see her friend and he will only be able to delay her for a little while, but he had yet to inform Draconian of his whereabouts and what he had done.

His general would be furious for disobeying an order he gave hundreds of years ago. It was worth it. To see her chest moving with her breaths, knowing her heart is pumping, it's all worth it.

He growls softly before contacting Draconian on his comm system.

"Raphael." Draconian doesn't sound happy as a holographic image of him appears.

"General." They stand there momentarily, both knowing what's going come.

"You disobeyed a direct order. You were to stay with us."

Raphael's fists clenched, "She is my female. It is my right to protect her."

Draconian's eyes narrow dangerously, "is?" He snarls.

Raphael stares at his general not moving or saying another word. "Tell me, brother, did the promise of death and imprisonment not warn you enough? That ritual is forbidden."

Raphael's voice was low and calm but his eyes held his anger. "It was a myth-"

"That we know nothing of!" Draconian shouts. "You have endangered every life on this planet, including my female and my babe."

"I am sorry, brother. I was lost in my grief; I just wanted her back." Raphael tenses as emotions race within him.

"Obviously." Draconian hisses and like a frail rubber band Raphael's composure snaps.

"You would have done the same!" He shouts.

"I would have used my head! My female would never forgive me if I were to be so selfish!" Draconian yells back.

Raphael laughs humorously, "You do not know what you would do! You have not been in my position! You do not know of the pain I felt!" He screams with rage.

He will never forget the pain at seeing her die. He's been reliving that night for days; the only remedy is holding her. To be truly sure she is there and he is not seeing things. Tears fog his vision.

He gasps for breath as his tears choke him. He touches his cheek with the pad of his fingers, he does not remember the last time he cried. He wasn't afforded the luxury of appearing week; never in the face of his father.

Draconian glares down at his brother. "You are right, but I am still disappointed in you. I expected your judgement to be sound. I was wrong."

It stung and Raphael swung his head up to glare at his general. Draconian began to pace and the hologram began to fade.

"You will return with the girl in two days. Two days brother or I will hunt you down and offer your head as an apology to my Queen, for your stupidity." Draconian promised before hologram cuts out.

Raphael growls in the silence. Sophie's worth everything in his eyes, he never thought of the consequences and they still seem insignificant.

"What did he mean by that." His head snaps to where Sophie sits straight up in the bed with narrowed eyes.