(I) Chapter 6 - Uncertainty

[Nino's POV]

After I realized what happened, I immediately tried to get up from this pickle we got ourselves into.

"W—Why did you grab my arm stupid...!?" I protested while we were both sitting on the floor.

He wasn't able to say anything in reply and I notice the redness on his face. He was trying to cover his mouth with the back of his hand which looks like he just realized what happened as well.

"Say something!! You're making this awkward for the both of us Takeji!"

"Yeah... Sorry about that... But you pushed me that's why!"

"I told you that I was fine!"

"I was just trying to help! What's wrong with that!?" He got up from where he was sitting and offered his hand to try and help me stand up. "Are you planning to sit there all day?" He added.

I grabbed his hand. "No, but don't pull me like that again..."

"Don't push me like that then..."

"Grr! Why can't you just let me win!?"

"Then why are you always trying to start a fight!?" He just sighed. "Anyways... You still have something to cook right? I won't bother you any longer. I'll just continue with what I was doing earlier..."

It looks like I might've raised my voice on him more than I intended. He was about to go back to the dining table when I tried to stop him.

"Hey..." with a faint voice, I called out to him.

"What? You still have something to say?"

"I'm sorry for pushing you..."

"Don't worry about it..." He replied without batting an eye.

"Hey! Are you mad at me!?" I accidentally raised my voice again.

He wasn't trying to look at me but I can see the redness on his face that he was trying to hide. It looks like I wasn't the only one who was affected by the fiasco that happened earlier.

I playfully slapped his back. "Don't tell me that was your first kiss!?"

"What if it was!?"

I wasn't able to say anything right away. I don't know what's going on but I somehow felt relieved with what I just heard.

"Hmmm...? Really?" I tried to tease him.

"Yeah... For real... What's wrong with that? Do I look like someone who already had his first kiss?"

"I gotta admit, with your looks, I can't help but think that you already did."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment or are you mocking me again?"

"It's true dummy... I'm..." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Never mind! Just go back to setting the table!" I smiled at him and gently push him away from the kitchen.

"I'm glad that I was your first kiss... Is what I wanted to say..." I covered my face with my hands and tried to recompose myself so I can finish the Dish.

Some time passed and I'm all done. I placed a serving on the table and left the remaining ones on the counter. He went ahead and grabbed a serving for me, and for himself.

"Thanks, Takeji..." I replied while he was pouring some water on my glass.

"Sure thing. It's the least that I can do since you cooked for me."

"Yeah yeah... Give it a taste so we can finally settle this." I teased.

"Okay then. Here it goes..." He started to taste the Chicken Alfredo.