}•{ Past relationship.

~•} C H A P T E R|21 {•~

A cold breeze flowed caressing her skin and made Ruhanika come out of the trance she was in

Her lips parted ever so slightly as her gaze remained fixed on the photo frame of the young woman.

She was beautiful, way too beautiful. With those sharp almond eyes and confident smile grazing on that woman's lips, she seemed like a model straight came out of the magazines.

"Maa!" Yuvika shrieked in utter joy shifting everyone's attention to her.

She smiled ever so slightly towards others who were staring at her now and making her feel like the center of attraction which she never wanted to be.

"Maa, see there is Mom!" Yuvika introduced while signaling toward the photo of that young woman with her index finger.

"Yes, Ruhanika meet the first daughter in law of the Rathore Family and first wife of Yuvraj Singh Rathore, Mahira Oberoi," Bhavna announced emphasizing on first.

"Late wife," Gayatri added loudly.

It took a few moments for Ruhanika to process everyone's words and finally conclude in her mind that the photo of the woman in front was no other but the infamous first wife of Yuvraj Rathore who was now dead.

The biological mother of Yuvika.

Involuntarily her eyes searched for the man who was the father of Yuvika and accidentally her husband too.

And there he was, dressed up in his usual white crisp shirt and cotton pants but today there was something else on his always serious-looking face.

Maybe sadness, she assumed.

A slight sigh left her lips as she gazed at him and then the small kid in front of her.

She felt bad seeing Yuvika pouting and talking like usual. Like today was nothing and her biological mother didn't die today.

She pitied the child in front of her who didn't even know that the woman who gave her birth was not in the world anymore.

She was glad that Yuvika didn't have to go through all she had to when her parents died.

But still, the fact that Yuvika was smiling all along not even knowing what had happened on this date was just sad. The fact that she didn't even know that it was her biological mother's death anniversary.

Maybe in the future, Yuvika would know about what she lost just like her brother.

It wouldn't make any difference with Yuvika's behavior towards her she hoped.

As her brother, Ruhan didn't react that bad. Yes, he cried but didn't stop calling her uncle and aunt his parents.

Unfortunately for her, she was never able to call her Mama-mami as Maa and Papa. The reason was simple, her heart never gave that place to them. That was very wrong of her she knew but it wasn't in her hands. She was eleven when her parents died, and experienced the love from her parents immensely so giving someone their place seemed not right. Her heart never agreed.