eighteen. the violet hour

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐱-𝐡𝐮𝐢𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐱-𝐡𝐮𝐢𝐭

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛

╚═══════════════╝

H E R

What's happened? What's happening? What's going to happen?

The questions hung heavy in the air of the crowded train car.

Maggie had indeed made it to Terminus, along with Glenn, Sasha, Bob, and a few nameless 'friends' who I was yet to be acquainted with.

I was happy to see Maggie, she pulled me into a one armed hug after Rick's declaration had settled and we had all begun speaking. "You alright?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Just spooked." And now a double murderer.

Once you hit three, you're technically a serial killer.

I felt the urge to convulse, to scream, to cough up whatever evil sickness was taking over me. I could feel it—it was like this awful rot in the pit of my stomach. It was eating at me, my hope decayed orderlessly, replaced by something that festered. All that anger, that resentment, that ugly truth of what my life had become seemed to leak from the place I had tried hiding it all.

"I didn't see you in the thick of things at the prison, how'd you get out?"

I realized Maggie was still looking at me and I had to swallow down that ick, rub the tension from my jaw, act like I wasn't about to lose it.

I told her the same story, same details, I had told Michonne. The very basics. She nodded, I wondered if she was going to ask if I'd seen Beth but she didn't. I guess we were both wondering where she was.

"At least most of us are here now, together." Maggie told me, perhaps Glenn's happy-go-luckiness rubbing off on her.

Luck. That word mocked me.