forty<3

ayo chapter 40?? btw i'm so sorry for the last chapter lmfao

sept 30

athena pov

yesterday was painfully long. i spent the rest of the day with ranboo. not intentionally, but i think he was genuinely worried. for me. my mental health.

he stuck around the entire day and we fell asleep in my room while watching a movie.

it's now early in the morning and i can feel the crisp breeze from my open window, but being held in ranboos arms makes me feel warmer than ever.

his arm was around me and our bodies were practically locked together.

almost like puzzle pieces.

the sun was beaming, creating rays of sunlight which shone across the room, specifically across us.

his breathing was rhythmic and slow, his face was completely peaceful, as if he had no worries. lips slightly parted, hair draped messily across one of his eyes.

so goddamn pretty.

i could hear and feel his heart beating slowly.

i smiled at the sight of him like this.

god, i really have fallen for him huh.

i exhaled quietly as i delicately grabbed his arm, and placed it in front of me. and then i began drawing patterns gently with my finger. i brushed across his skin as lightly as i could, drawing flowers and hearts , travelling the designs up his arms.

but suddenly- suddenly i heard his breath hitch in his throat slightly, and his heart sped up. a little. not much.

i continued my hand movements, and ranboo was awake. definitely awake now.

i really think, maybe he does feel the same way.

he was pretending to be asleep, just so i would carry on. he thinks that i think he's asleep.

fuck, why is he so stupidly cute.

ranboo pov

(a/n IM REALLY SPOON FEEDING YALL RN IK UR CRYING BC UR ALL SO TOUCH STARVED.)

i woke up to seeing athena tracing patterns up and down my wrists, my forearms, my hands. i quickly shut my eyes again, afraid that if she knew i was awake, she'd stop.

and i don't ever want this to end.

it feels so perfect that i think i must be dreaming. but this is a dream where i could allow myself to stay a little while.

every time she travels her fingers along my skin, it feels like she's touching every nerve ending on my body, i feel my face is hot, and i know my heart is racing.

i hope she can't tell i'm awake.

i'm so in love with her it doesn't even feel real.

(a/n yall my expectations are too high if i don't get a ranboo i don't want it.)

athena pov

i wrote the words 'i love you' on his skin with my finger. it's not like he would be able to tell what i was writing anyway.

i felt him run his hand through my hair carefully. and then again, and again. he continued to play with my hair mindlessly as i drew patterns up and down his arms.

this is honestly, something that i could get used to.

timeskip

ranboo and i had gone the day, not speaking about what had happened.

i'm upset that we haven't spoke about it but i'm also relieved. because i don't know what i would even say.

right now, i am sat, my legs dangling into the pool, in a bikini, the sun beating down on my back.

i really want to go swimming, but the bandages on my hands keep me out of the water fully. it sucks. i'm full of stupid, stupid mistakes. i have been all week.

i will drink again. but not for at least another few weeks. i will probably get high in the meantime, though.

i was getting lost in my thoughts, and then suddenly, a stone hit the back of my head.

a literal stone.

"oi. we're watching a movie in the cinema room." sapnap called to me, and then smiled smugly.

"first of all, ow. second of all, there's a cinema room? third of all, ow!" i got up from the side of the pool and began walking inside.

"sorry about that. and yes there's a cinema room." he was about to smile again before he looked down, saw my hands, and spoke again. "what the fuck happened to your hands?"

i looked at my hands. "long story-"

"that you will explain after the movie."

"what are we watching?" i looked up at him as i dried my legs and feet off.

"some horror movie." he tossed me my shorts and t shirt.

"thanks." i said, pulling the shorts up my legs. "horror? why horror."

"because nobody else are pussies. except tubbo. and niki. they're probably gonna be screaming the entire time. and you." he patted my shoulder.

"i cant even disagree to be honest." i sighed,

timeskip

i was sat next to ranboo, my eyes squinting and i was turning my head towards him slightly. i do that whenever i feel like a jump scare is coming up.

"gosh- no please don't- you dumb whore." i whispered, watching the character look into the lake, face right over the water. "you're going to ge-"

i was cut off by a loud screaming noise coming from the big tv, and i saw exactly what i predicted, the character got dragged under the water.

even though i knew it was gonna happen, it still made my soul leave my body, i squealed and buried my head into his jumper.

"it's gone now, you can look back." ranboo spoke quietly , and i turned my head back. i didn't actually notice at first, but he had grabbed my hand when that had happened. or i grabbed his. i don't know.

"you guys make me sick" sapnap fake gagged as he threw a piece of popcorn at the back of my head.

"fuck you." i stuck my middle finger up behind me , and smiled as i did so.

skip to the end of the movie

"can we watch south park now or something. i have to watch something happy after a horror movie." tubbo whined, his voice coming from the seat in front of me.

"i agree." i added on, still clutching ranboos hand as if it was the end of the world.

"athena i genuinely think you are about to break my fingers." he groaned and laughed at the same time, and i loosened my grip.

"sorry" i grazed my thumb across the back of his hand.

i heard his breath catch in his throat. "it's fine" he shifted in his seat.

"i think... you were pretending not to be scared. you were the one who grabbed my hand. youre tryna look all tough in front of me." i grinned and nudged his shoulder. "it's cute."

"pfft. i was not. i wasn't scared." he shook his head way too quickly.

"mhm. whatever you say, mister."

1194 words

yall this chapter was sweet and cute and nice and innocent and yeah.

i hope you all have a lovely lovely evening and remember to eat and drink and take care of yourselves!!!! love you all sm! <333333