91- Isle Esme

It had been hours since we had left the house, and I still had no idea where we were going. Our plane had finally landed, and I didn't know geography all that well, so I was confused about where we were. No matter how much I begged Jasper to tell me, he would not budge.

After leaving the airport, I thought we were in Italy, but Jasper told me it wasn't our final destination, so I stopped trying to figure it out. He led me to a speed boat that he drove straight into the ocean until we landed on an island.

"Welcome to Isle Esme," Jasper said, finally telling me where we were.

"Did you just happen to find an island named that?" I asked him.

"Oh no," he told me. "Carlisle bought it for Esme decades ago as a present."

"I forget how rich you guys are; I should take advantage of that more often."

The two of us made our way to a beautiful little house sitting on the private beach. As I got ready to walk in, Jasper suddenly sped over and picked me up.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I have to carry you over the threshold," he told me. "It's tradition." He walked two steps forward before setting me down inside the house.

"You're crazy," I told him.

"You love it," he responded.

Jasper helped me place our bags in the bedroom, where a huge bed sat in the middle of the room. After settling down, I sat on the edge of the bed uncertainly.

"So, what should we do to spend our first night together?" I asked Jasper.

Sensing my hesitancy, he glanced out the balcony at the moon reflecting off the ocean and suggested, "How about we go for a swim?"

I changed into a bikini that Alice had packed for me before meeting Jasper out in the water. The two of us messed around, just enjoying ourselves for what felt like the first time in forever. We had gone from problem to problem, and it felt nice to have nothing to worry about.

Our childish swimming was just what the two of us needed. We shoved each other and messed around for hours before Jasper decided to pull me in for a kiss.

I wrapped my arms around him as soon as his lips touched mine. I felt all else fade away, my only thoughts being about Jasper.

I pulled away, needing a breath, as he gently placed a kiss on my nose.

"You're perfect," Jasper told me, slowly walking with me out of the water.

"I love you," I said, following him back into the house.

We made our way to the bedroom, where everything outside of Jasper disappeared.

It wasn't until the following day that I opened my eyes and fully realized what had happened.

As I woke up, I felt myself tangled close to Jasper, and his arms were pulling me close to his chest. I looked up to see him looking down at me with disheveled hair and a smirk.

"Did I fall asleep?" I asked him, not believing that I actually did.

"You did," he told me. "You pulled back to take a breath, and you fell asleep on my chest."

I looked away from him and buried my face in his chest. "That's embarrassing," I mumbled as he laughed at me.

"You're adorable," he told me, kissing my head to comfort me. "And now that you're awake, we can go eat breakfast."

"You don't eat," I said, looking back up at him.

"But you do, and based on how tired you were, I'm going to guess you're also starving. Come on."

The two of us got up and put clothes on before Jasper insisted on making me breakfast.

"Jazz, you've burnt two pieces of toast already; let me help you with the toaster."

"I can do it," he told me, throwing his spatula up like a pointer. "I don't need your help with a toaster." He placed another piece of toast in before turning his attention back to the eggs he was cooking.

I watched him in silence for a few seconds before he turned around to look at me. "You stopped teasing me; what's up?" he asked me, suddenly worried.

"I'm just enjoying this moment," I told him honestly. "I feel like we don't have many normal ones anymore."

"I know what you mean, but now we've got an eternity to have good moments together."

I got up from my seat and walked over to him, wrapping him in a hug. "I love you," I told him honestly.

"Love you too."

A popping sound drew my attention away from Jasper and over to the toaster. "You burnt another piece of toast."

"Dang it."