I. Judgement Day

I didn't even remember falling asleep on the couch. I probably wouldn't have woken up, but I could have swore someone was calling to me. I opened my eyes to see faint words in a dim light. It took me a moment to realize that it was the pages of a book on my face. Today was a day of relaxation, so I decided to try reading a book and... put it on my head and fell asleep. 

I looked out the window, and it was darker than I thought it would be. The flames in the fireplace were still roaring, so I put the book, One Thousand and One Arabian Nights, on the table next to me and stretched my arms into the sky. Again, I heard a sound, like someone calling me. I looked all around, but I didn't see anyone. Maybe I just needed more sleep.

As I got up, however, I noticed something on the table. It was a large metal ring of some sort, and I couldn't remember ever collecting something like it.

"What is this?" I said aloud, picking it up.

"Finally you woke, blue hedgehog!"

I cried out and dropped the ring as something started to emerge from it. In a cloud of blue smoke, a lady appeared from the ring. She had pink hair that defied gravity and slightly tan skin. Also, she wasn't touching the ground.

"What the-?" I asked, taking a step back.

"Please, do not be alarmed!" the woman said. She had a kind smile on her face and picked up the book I had been using to cover my eyes. "I am Shahra, Genie of the Ring."

I stared at her blankly.

"You know... like 'Aladdin and the Magic Lamp?'" she said hopefully.

"Uh..." I said, folding my arms. "Don't think I've read that."

The lady looked hurt. "You've got to be kidding me! It's my favorite in the Arabian Nights! Or, now that I think about it, maybe it's my second favorite..." She paused, staring at me. Then she shook her head, opening the book to a certain page. "But that's besides the point. Please, take a look at this..."

She handed the book to me, holding it open. I looked down, frowning. I turned a few pages, but they were the same. "Hey, what's going on? The pages are blank!"

When I finally found a page with words on it, I noticed that the characters were disappearing from the paper. It was like some sort of magic was stealing the ink away, making it disappear into thin air.

Shahra looked dismayed, and put the book down. "Our world... The world of the Arabian Nights... is vanishing."

"Vanishing?" I asked. "How is that possible? It's a story. How could it disappear?"

"There is a being in our world called the Erazor Djinn," Shahra replied. "He wishes to destroy the story."

"Did you just say, Eraser Din?" I laughed. "What does he do, erase your dinner?"

"Please, be serious..." Shahra begged. "Erazor Djinn," she repeated slowly.

"Erazor Djinn," I snickered. "Got it."

"The Erazor Djinn used his magic to become even more powerful than he already was." Shahra continued. "He no longer wanted to remain a simple character in the book. And so, he has begun to set the inscriptions free, in turn absorbing the power of the book itself."

"The power of the book?" I asked.

"If our stories are destroyed forever, not only will their words be forgotten forever, but the Erazor Djinn will then be able to come into your world, and by then he may be unstoppable."

"That doesn't sound good." I replied. "But, what do you want me to do about it?"

"I want you to stop the Erazor Djinn," Shahra said. "You must! Only the blue hedgehog can do it."