23* Unexpected Encounters

Pretty Nazeera above 😩❤

And congratulations to Rokeebat_Eesuola and Talkmarie11 for coming in first place in our last quiz ✨

If you want to join my WhatsApp group, the link is on my IG bio or you can send me a dm here on Wattpad to send the link to you. Don't go to my message board to ask for the link or drop a comment asking for the link, please 😂❤

So, who's ready for Alfred and Nazeera's first meet?

No one, actually.

NOUMAN HUSSAIN

I heard the sound of the doorbell at the same minute I heard the door being unlocked and I sighed while mentally preparing myself for the headache I was going to deal with for the next 12 hours or so.

It was Alfred Bamidele.

He was the only one who'd press the doorbell and the door combination at the same time and no matter how many times I tell him not to press the doorbell again, well, it was always like I was talking to a rock.

He stepped in, his right leg holding the door, a smile on his pretty face and his hands overfilled with shopping bags and he breathed in deeply, "God! How much I've missed this..." He trailed off, his eyes taking in the interior of the living room and the smile disappearing from his face.

"No, this can't be Hussain's apartment," He muttered while shaking his head and I watched him stick his head slightly outside again to confirm the number on the door before looking around the living room again with a suspicious look in his eyes.

"The number on the door says this is his apartment but everything I'm seeing here is telling me otherwise. Did he move out without consulting me?"

"Come in, Alfred, and stop acting like you're not okay."

"Oh wow," He exclaimed, his eyes finally registering my presence and he walked to the kitchen island to drop the shopping bags before running to the sitting room.

"This is really your house, Hussain," He exclaimed again, eyes taking in the transformation because Nazeera really did transform the apartment. She didn't add new colors, thankfully but she added lots of flowing shelves, lots of natural flowers, artworks, paintings, sculptures, scented candles, another sofa, and another diffuser.

One that smelled like a garden and not sawdust.

"How did this happen? How did you transform a loner's apartment into this soothing and welcoming apartment?" He asked, his voice full of awe and wonder, "What changed?"

"It's all Nazeera's handiwork," I replied to him, my eyes following his to look at the changed living room, "She did all the work."

And she actually made me fall in love with it in the end.

This apartment had always been somewhere I return to every night to sleep but with Nazeera around, with how she had transformed the whole house, with how she cooks foods that always remind me of Kano, it was fast becoming a home.

Somewhere I always look forward to returning to every day.

"Oh My God! That's true," Alfred exclaimed in a voice that made me veer back on the chair I was sitting on, "I'm finally going to meet her today, where is she?"

"She's sleeping," I replied to him and he muttered a defeated ohhh before slumping on the space beside me.

Nazeera, sleeping around 11 am when she doesn't sleep even sleep during the night was totally unusual but we had stayed awake all night, nursing a very severe cramp that had her curling, bending, and screaming her lungs out and she was just able to fall asleep this morning.