Episode 6 - The music room

Standing near the window that overlooked the school yard, Areum was lost in thought as she was wondering about her grandparents' situation after witnessing one of her friends' parents turn into zombies. She knew her mother would be safe as Dr. Son had her medical conference in Incheon near Seoul.

Feeling someone approached her from behind, Areum felt the weight of a hand on top of her shoulder. Turning her gaze upon the person, Areum meet Suhyeok's black eyes as soft smiled exchanged between another.

"What's on your mind?" Suhyeok asked as he stood beside her after seeing the beauty lost in her thoughts before approaching her.

"Just worried about my grandparents. I hope they'll be fine." Areum sighed in worry as she glanced at the tall boy.

"I'm sure they'll be fine." Suhyeok reassured her. "I'm sure your grandfather will keep your grandmother safe, thanks to his survival knowledge after being the military's director." He continues as he remembered Areum's grandfather taught them some survival skills when they were 11 years old.

"I know that but I just can't stop worrying about them." Areum confessed.

"Remember when your grandfather tried to teach us some basic survival skills? I remembered you were excited when he taught us how to tend wounds." The tall boy recalled as he watched a soft smile appear on her face when remembering their small lesson they had received when they were 11 years old.

"Hmm. I did. I also remembered that you prefer the fighting skill lesson from Haraboji compared to that." Areum chuckled. "You always let me win when he trained us, even though I always told you to not let me win." The beauty rolled her eyes when she remembered her frustration when Suhyeok always let her win during their fight training.

"I can't fight against a girl, you know. That's not who I am." Suhyeok grinned when he saw Areum once again rolled her eyes at his statement. From the corner of her eyes, Areum spotted a figure walking toward the window. The black haired girl quickly glanced over Suhyeok shoulder as her eyes become widened when she saw Jimin began to climb on the window sill.

"Jimin-ah!" Areum yelled as she rushed to grab the girl's arm from jumping off the window. The rest of her friends were also run toward them as they helped Areum preventing Jimin from suicide.

"What are you doing?" Joonyeong shouted as he pulled the devastated girl from the window.

"I said let me go!" Jimin shouted as she tried to free herself from her friends' grip.

"Please calm down." Onjo voiced.

"I want to die! Leave me alone!" Jimin hysterically cried.

"Don't be like this." Suhyeok shouted as he helped the others pried Jimin from the window.

"I don't want to live!" Jimin cried as she hung onto the window frame.

"Please leave me alone! Please." The crying girl begged as the group of friends had managed to pry her away from the window.

"Let me go! Please let me go!" Jimin sobbed as both Areum and Onjo held the girl's arms, restraining her movement when she tried to move to the window again. The two girls let go of her arm when Jimin was wailing her eyes on the floor.

"My mom and dad died. What am I supposed to do alone?" Jimin whimpered as tears came out of her eyes.

***********

After the almost suicide incident earlier, Onjo had managed to calm down Jimin as the two female students were currently talked inside the recording room. Areum was sitting on the wheelchair near the desk as she was waiting for the two friends to come out of the recording room. The curtains in the broadcasting room were closed due to the intense sunlight.