27

it was the day after dabi and i finally decided to settled down, we started packing up all of our belongings at the leagues base.

i was so happy, yet i still felt horrible about yesterday.

i looked at my phone and still nothing from my sister so i decided to act upon it myself.

"i'm going back to my place to pick up some stuff."

"that's not a good idea y/n."

"i know but i need to talk to mai and get the rest of the stuff from there for the house."

"yeah but still you don't know how she's going to react when she sees you."

"probably not good."

"yeah." he said.

"listen if you're not back soon then i'll be there." he muttered.

"i'll be fine."

"yeah yeah go the clock is ticking."

i got into the van and drove over the old place i lived, i walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

the door creaked open slightly, mai peeked at me in the crack.

"can i come in?." i said.

"why would i let you?" she asked back.

"i'm sorry but i need to talk to you a lot has happened."

"fine." she retorted back.

she opened the door immediately my eyes darted to the couch where i saw hawks laying on.

was this a...

THING??

"if you try to kill him i'll kill you." she said while her eyes glared into mine, as much as there was anger in her eyes she was still scared of me.

she saw the changes to me, she knew i wasn't my old self anymore.

"i'm not crazy." i muttered back.

"you are insane." she said back, her voice had a tone of anger in it.

"you can't just go around killing people, don't you feel guilt at all? you've killed PEOPLE! this is all because of dabi, he's a corrupt person who spread it to someone who didn't deserve it."

tears started to form in her eyes, "ya know.. y/n you were so much more different before you met HIM!"

"i know that." i said with my face, that looked directly at the apartments floor, i couldn't bring myself to say anything more, i felt to guilty.

"y/n, i get it-" she frozen and her eyes darted towards my left hand, then to my ring finger.

her face was filled with confusion, anger yet.. sadness?

"he, he proposed?" she asked looking me into my eyes.

"yes." i said back quietly.

she then looked down at the floor then back at me.

"god." she muttered, she began to walk over to hawks and sat next to his sleeping body on the couch.

"you know, he hasn't woken up."

"i can tell."

she rolled her eyes at my response.

"he was trying to help you and dabi."

"mai..? how can i trust him? you never let me tell my side of anything you just took his side-"

"because he's a HERO!"

"a hero."

"yes! a hero who's trying to save this CITY! you don't understand what you're digging yourself into with dabi."

"mai you literally don't even know him?"

"and what you think i can't figure out things from him just based off of what he's done? i mean look at you? not even six months ago you were a "normalish" person. you were so kind to him two years ago you let in a disgusting scum bag off of the streets! you think you'd do that now?!? NO! you use to be a beautifully kind person before you basically killed our father and mother, but you wanted to stick to the sides of evilness and the sickness of dirty low life villains!"

"are you serious mai! you're acting as if hawks is innocent? he's not! he's a scum bag!! just like dabi! just like you and ME! you know nothing about dabi. yes i was a "kinder" person before i was educated in the support of villains. but they're PEOPLE!"

"horrible people." she muttered back.

"dabi isn't horrible."

"he's is horrible.. y/n i've never seen you so stupidly oblivious to someone."

"mai, you know what? i'm tired of you. i'm tired of you playing the victim in this as if i've screwed you over. LISTEN! i'm sorry about mom and dad BUT you came here TO RUIN MY LIFE AND PUT DABI IN A COMA! BECAUSE YOURE INSANE AS WELL."

"i haven't killed someone."

"MAI! I DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE!"

"YOU DID! YOU KNOW YOU DID! YOU COULD'VE LEFT HIM!"

"i love HIM mai!"

"i don't care how much you "love" him, to me now you're nothing but a-" she got up from the couch and got closer to me with every word.

"a. disgusting. lowlife. dirty. fucking villain." she then pushed me to the ground.

i hit in the ground hardly, i winced in pain from the previous injuries to my leg.

i picked myself up from the floor and shook off the pain from the fall.

"you are seriously so brainwashed." i said back.

"i am?"

"yes mai YOU are!" i said back.

"i didn't ruin my life for a villain."

"and you think hawks won't ruin yours with his hero bullshit façade."

"he's actually a good person."

"yeah whatever."

i went over and grabbed some of my belongings, and put them outside of the apartment door.

"bye y/n, good luck with your shitty villainous life."

"mai."

"what?" she hissed back.

"when you realize hawks is just as bad as dabi if not worse, don't call me crying." i shot a smile at her.

her face got all scrunched up in anger.

i grabbed my stuff and started walking down the apartment stairs and threw it all in the van.

i began driving home, i had lost the last person in my family.

guilt was overcoming me now, my father had woken up but i had no clue if i was ever going to see him again, my mom and sister as well.

once i got home dabi and i got the rest of our shit together.

we didn't say anything to the league but kurogiri because he was like my father.

"i wish you two the best, if you ever need anything let me know."

"thank you kurogiri." i said with a smile.

"you're welcome y/n."

dabi shot him a smile and we got into the car and began driving home.

i was so excited it was the beginning of a new chapter.