18. Returning Home

Licht Eralith's POV

Having bid farewell to the Twin Horns, me along with the elf slaves took one of the carriages belonging to the slave traders and embarked on our journey towards Elenoir. The food and rations that we nabbed from the base of the traders was divided into two with Rey taking one portion of human slaves and me taking the other for the elf ones. 

Our journey was uneventful and we reached the borders of Elenoir within a day. Knowing the way around helps a lot and avoids getting lost and ending up as wandering lambs. The slaves admitted that they didn't know the way around the human habitats because they were brought blindfolded by the traders so that even if they manage to escape they won't be able to find their way around and recaptured again.

From the borders, one would need to navigate through the Elshire Forest or if one has the rights, they can access the Teleportation Gate available there. No one has an idea on who made the Teleportation Gates and what is the mechanism behind it. When I asked Grandpa Virion about it, all he answered was that it was made by the ancient mages. 

Having accessed the Teleportation Gate prior in order to arrive at the territory of humans, I knew how it felt going through the Gate. It was no different than traveling via the portals made by Spatial Magic. Thus yet another proof that magic here is way behind ours. The only thing the mages here have access in regards to magic is pure mana and the elements. The elements too are not equally accessible by everyone.

The residents of this world lack the knowledge of flying on a broom expecting too much is a serious offense.

Arriving at the borders, I stopped the carriage some distance away from the Teleportation Gate guarded by an elven soldier dressed in black suit with green trimmings and a golden shoulder guard on his left shoulder. He wielded a spear as he stood guard vigilantly.

Since I did not have my mask and the illusion artifact on me, the guard recognized me quickly and kneeled down in front of me.

"Greeting Young Lord.." 

"You may rise." I responded with authority in my tone. This was something I just had to get used to despite not wanting to be a part of any of it at first. Now it has become a part and parcel of my daily life in Elenoir. 

A few of the trusted guards including the ones guarding the Teleportation Gates were made known of the fact of their Prince going out on dungeon diving in the human kingdoms and would be also mingling with the humans. None of them were in favor of this but they didn't even question the decision of their rulers either. Which is why I could easily get straight to the point.

"Open the gate to the capital city.." I demanded before pointing to the carriage behind. "The ones the in the carriage are the elven people who were kidnapped by the slave traders."

A look of shock and suppressed anger flashed through the guard's face for a moment but he quickly switched back to a neutral face. This expression is natural and this won't be the first I will be seeing. 

"As you command.." He responded before getting the Gate ready for the carriage to pass through. As he did his work, I made my way back to the carriage.

_________________________________________

Joshua's POV

Having separated from the group of the good humans, we reached the borders of Elenoir, our homeland within a day with my future mentor taking charge of the carriage and guiding his way through the terrain. As expected of my soon-to-be mentor, he knows everything.

Once we arrived in front of the Teleportation Gate, Badass Licht got down the carriage and went up to the guard who was guarding the Gate. Upon seeing my Badass Future Mentor, he kneeled down in front of him.