Chapter 15 ~the library~

Narrator's pov

The individual turned to face Kaito.

"So... Haru, why have you been avoiding me all day?"

Kaito took a seat at the table next to Haru. While he waits for a response, his legs dangle in the air.

"I wasn't trying to avoid you, I was simply busy today."

Haru replied, his face still flushed from the previous conversation. Haru wasn't lying. He was really busy today, but it was clear that he was attempting to avoid Kaito, although his luck had run out and he was now talking with Kaito.

Kaito and Haru have grown to be very close throughout the time they've been together. They share similar interests and get along well. Haru was seen by Kaito as a close buddy with whom he could discuss his thoughts and feelings. Since they would hang out almost every day, they got to know each other more and more. Kaito is also becoming more open to Haru.

"Really? I have a feeling that you're lying. "

"I'm not. I'm sad that my friend doesn't trust me anymore."

"It's your tendency to lie, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're lying now, especially given how obvious it was that you were avoiding me. "

"I'm really not lying. Why would I avoid my best friend?"

Haru said as he let out a small chuckle.

"Of course you're not lying. I believe in you."

As he pats Haru on the head and giggles, Kaito comments sarcastically. Haru found himself staring at Kaito, admiring his beautiful smile. When he felt Kaito's hand on his head, he blushed. He tried to hide his face behind the book he was reading.

"Aw, is our Haru embarrassed?"

As he continues to pat Haru on the head, Kaito teases. Haru softly took Kaitos' hand in his, his face flushed.

"Stop doing that."

Haru answered shyly, her face red and heated.

"Alright, alright."

Kaito answered, a bit disappointed. He remembered how soft Haru's hair was. A small tint of red can be seen on Kaito's face.

They talked about a variety of topics, the majority of which revolved around their shared passion for music and their daily lives.

During their time together, Kaito discovered that Haru is a skilled swordsman, something he already knew because everyone at school knew. Swordsmanship is a skill that every man should learn at some point in his life. They can then determine whether or not they wish to continue learning afterwards. Kaito decided to stop learning, whereas Yuki and Haru, the other male leads, chose to continue learning. The school will provide everything a student requires to continue learning swordsmanship, including events. Like competitions, though, they only happen once a year.

In part due to their swordsmanship skills, Haru and Yuki were well-liked at school. It's not every day that you witness a swordsmanship prodigy, because swordsmanship is extremely difficult to perfect. And, of course, as the male leads in a romance story, they'd be swordsmanship prodigies. Sometimes, Kaito wonders why he was reincarnated as Kaito. Why couldn't he reincarnate as someone like Haru, handsome and intelligent? But no, of course, he had to reincarnate as a talentless and dumb second male lead.

Since his reincarnation, Kaito hasn't seen anyone practicing swordsmanship. It's a shame he hasn't, because witnessing someone practice swordsmanship has always piqued his interest. Perhaps he could ask Haru to show it to him one day...

Kaito was deep in his thoughts when Haru called out to him.

"Kaito, I have a question."

"Hm? What is it? "

As Kaito snapped out of his thoughts, he asked.

"What's this feeling where you cherish that person and you want to be with them every minute of every second? You can't get your mind off of them. And you think you're your best self when you're with them? "

"That's love. At least, I think it is. I've never been in a relationship before, so I can't tell you much."

As Kaito remarked, it took a second for him to process what Haru had just said, and his eyes opened wide.

"WAIT, YOU'RE IN LOVE?"

Haru frowned.

"What's wrong with me being in love? Do I look like someone who can't love?"

"Well... Do you want me to be honest or..."

"Be honest."

"You're a great friend to have because you're approachable and friendly. It's just that I didn't think you could be in love. I don't know, it just feels weird."

Kaito lets out an awkward chuckle. He feels a little bothered by the fact that Haru was in love with somebody, but he can't point out why he was bothered.

"Glad to know you think I'm friendly and approachable."

Haru smilies softly as he turns his gaze back to his book.

"Who's the person you're in love with anyway?"

"A close friend of mine."

"You have tons of friends. How am I supposed to know which one?"

"You'll know when the time comes."

Haru faces Kaito and smilies again.

"Oh! By the way, would it be possible if I watched you practice swordsmanship sometime soon? "

"Why would you want to watch me practice swordsmanship?"

Haru was curious, since Kaito had never shown any interest in swordsmanship before.

"I just thought it would look cool. Though I haven't seen anyone practicing swordsmanship up close."

As he waited for a response, Kaito shrugged. Haru smiled and nodded. He was nervous since he didn't want to make a mistake in front of Kaito.

"I'll have to practice harder since I don't want to embarrass myself in front of him." Haru thought to himself and dropped a mental note: 'Kaito's interested in watching someone practice swordsmanship.'

It was about time they started packing things and going home after chatting for so long. Haru returned the books to the shelves, grabbed his bag, and went out of the library, with Kaito following close behind.

They talked and laughed throughout their journey home.

"It's a shame my house isn't closer to yours."

"It's alright, I had a lot of fun today. I'll see you tomorrow then!"

Kaito waved goodbye to Haru before departing for their respective homes.

Note:
This is the end of the chapter! Sorry i couldn't make it longer i ran out of ideas to write. (´;ω;`) I'm starting to ship Haru and Kaito more now so who knows maybe ill change the male lead who know!(≧▽≦) I can let you guys vote on who you want to be the male lead would you guys want that? (ㆁωㆁ) Please do let me know! I also realized that i haven't wrote about Yukina in awhile so maybe ill write about her next chapter? Probably not though since i do have something in mind for the next chapter. ( ╹▽╹ ) Anyway tysm for all the votes and reads! As someone who writes this as their hobby i never thought that this would gain any sort of attention.(☆▽☆) So tysm! Your support really means the word to me! <( ̄︶ ̄)>Tysm and again i hope you have an amazing day/night and I'll try to upload as soon as possible! (*˘︶˘*).。*♡