𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17

{𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 | 𝘌𝘭𝘪𝘫𝘢𝘩 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯}

————

Rosalie's pov ~

"Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina." Elijah told me and Hayley as we all sat in some sort of office, looking at the combined scribbles that revealed celestes face

Klaus stormed into the room. "Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." he looked down at the pieces of paper on the coffee table. "Your Bestfriend Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence." he looked towards me.

"Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" I puzzled, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why does any witch do anything?" he snickered, sitting himself down on the separate chair beside me. Elijah and Hayley sat across from me, also on separate chairs.

The sound of glass smashing echoed through the building, most likely meaning Marcels attempt to retrieve Davina's trust must of failed. "Well, that's going well." Klaus sarcastically spoke.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah was very clearly still mad at his brother for his actions.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"

"Give me a month. I'll get you list." Elijah humoured.

We hadn't talked since the night before as we both tried to ignore the emotions we both still felt. Whenever there used to be a situation like this in the past, I would always find myself fiddling with my ring. But that was no longer there.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." Klaus smiled, exiting the room to check on the noise coming from Davina's room.

It was just the three of us left in the room in deep silence. Hayley looked as if she was itching to say something, frantically switching her gaze from items in the room.

"Elijah, Rosalie? There's something you guys need to know." She gulped. Before either of us got to reply, the house began to violently shake as if there was an earthquake. Books were falling from the book shelf, and picture frames detached from the walls. We all stood up, rushing to the balcony.