Chapter 31

Suki knew they don't get a lot of guests visiting their place. Aside from her grandmother, Kenma's mom, and her uncle Kuroo along with some of Kenma's high school friends, Suki knew they don't often get visitors.

So when Kenma told her someone is going to visit today, her initial thought were one of the only few people who would visit them. But she was surprise when she saw an unfamiliar woman.

"Good morning, Mr. Kozume," she said, inclining her head. "I'm from Tohuko Hospital."

"Hospital," Suki mumbled but her voice is too low and silent.

"Good morning," Kenma greeted back while Suki stood behind him, taking a glance at the woman before she lifted her arms towards Kenma and he picked her up.

Turning around, Kenma started to walk to the living room while carrying the little girl who leaned on his shoulder, fingers on her lips as she stare at the woman who in turn gave Suki a smile as she follows Kenma.

When they got to the living room, Kenma put Suki down on the couch as the woman sat down as well. And a moment later you came walking from the kitchen, carrying a tray of refreshments for the guest whom you realized was someone you knew.

"Oh? Senpai?" you asked, eyes a bit wide as you stare at the familiar woman in front, putting down the tray on the coffee table, you sat beside Suki and across her.

"It's been a while, Y/n." she smiled at you, the same gentle smile as she always had before while Suki looked at her then at you.

"Mommy, do you know her?" she asked curiously.

"Yes, she's mommy's friend from her previous work at the hospital."

"Hospital?" this time her question was not sparked by curiosity but rather the fact that the woman came from the hospital and Suki looked back at her as she scooted closer to you. "Is she here to prick Suki with a needle?"

"No, Suki-chan," you said, looking at the little girl who looked up at you, her eyebrows crease in worry and you held her face, caressing her soft cheeks. "She's just here to take a cheek swab."

"What's that?" Suki asked tilting her head.

The woman took a sip of the drink you prepared before she put the glass down on the tray and took out a pair of gloves, a cotton swab and a vial along with a testing kit. And when Suki saw it, she scooted much closer to you, arms wrapping around your waist.

"Mommy," she said, voice trembling as she buried her face on your side.

"Suki," Kenma's tone was serious and reprimanding, but the little girl didn't budge so you held her arms and made her look at you as you leaned down a bit.