Chapter 53

Knox's POV

Sophia was right.   I just wanted to get this over with and get these people off my land.   I didn't trust any of them.   I wanted them as far as possible away from my mate and children.  

And the nerve of that little fucker.   That fire ball had the intent to kill Sophia and if I didn't have my protective shield surrounding my family it would have.   I have a feeling the Council was testing just how many of my Prime powers I had already received.   The ability to protect my mate and children was one of them.  

It was taking everything in me not to shift and allow Rafe to kill that smug bastard.   Who the fuck did that little dickhead think he was?  Coming to my land and speak to MY mate like that.   Oh how I wanted to tear him limb from limb.  

Our pack was now gathered as we stood on the stage with the Council.   The fucking prick was off to the side with Vlad standing over him.   I could feel his fear all the way across the stage.   Apparently having one of the strongest vampires breathing down you neck, literally, was a bit too much for the bastard.  

Vlad feel free to have a snack if you suddenly get hungry.  

Trust me Knox I am so tempted, even if the thought of his blood is slightly repulsive.  

I watched as Vlad and one of his guards moved closer to Brian.   Oh how I loved to watch him squirm.   I turned my attention back to the Council as they started the ceremony.   As I took in their faces I noticed the tension that each wore.   Something was not right.   I didn't like the way they kept looking at Sophia or Ella. 

Vlad something doesn't feel right.   Have your guards move closer.   One behind each member.   They have my permission to act if they feel necessary.      

I agree.  I really wish I could hear what they were thinking.   That would help. 

Will you two please keep it down?   I am trying to listen. 

Sophia...you can hear them?

Yes mate I can, if you would shut up for a second......Okay so it looks like they are planning to take us down the second we turn to face the congregation.   Knox I need you to keep your shield up.   Vlad please take care of Brian, I am not sure how much power he has.   Knox you take out Edgar.   I will handle the rest.   I have Raine protecting the children.  

Vlad and I agreed as my attention returned to Maximus who was still droning on about the legacy of the Prime Alpha.   I continued to nod my head at the correct times as I alerted the guards around us.   Alex and Jane were off to the side behind Vlad.   I could feel Jane's anger as she stared at the back of Brian's head.   Well I guess it didn't really matter who killed the little fucker, as long as the end result was the same.   Rafe seemed content with that for now.   His main focus was now on Edgar and the rest of the Council.  

Maximus stepped closer to Sophia and I with his hands raised.  "It is the honor of this Council to hereby welcome King Knox and Queen Sophia!   May your reign be long and prosperous.   May I introduce you all to your new King and Queen."

Taking a step back behind us I say his little smirk as he gestured for Sophia and me to face the people.  As we turned our backs to the Council I gripped my mates hand tightly.  

Leaning over I placed a small kiss on her cheek as we raised our hands.  

Three seconds later all hell broke loose.