twelve

12. Prayer For The Dying

"Klaus, get your son to calm down, he's scaring my daughter" Damon snapped, walking back and forth in the Forbes living room, trying to calm his daughter down.

"I'm trying" Klaus defended, trying to stop his son from crying, he then turned to his brother, who was sleeping on the couch, "Are you going to help us or not?".

"No" Kol mumbled, turning his back to his brother.

"Unbelievable" Klaus mumbled.

After Aria gave Liz her blood, Kol, Damon and Klaus came back with the food and the babies, after finding out what the girls did, the guys were furious, saying that they should have waited a full night before giving Liz vampire blood, but the two girls were adamant that vampire blood works, it healed their mother and now she was going to be perfectly fine.

Though there was a lot the three vampires wanted to say to the two girls, they also knew where they were coming from, the two sisters were terrified with the thought of losing their mother and they did what they thought would help Liz, now all Damon, Kol and Klaus could do was wait and hope that what Caroline and Aria think is the case, that Liz's cancer is cured and not gotten worse.

Aria and Caroline decided to spend the night in their mother's room, leaving the kids in the hands of their fathers and uncle, while Asher, Alec and Hope were peacefully sleeping in their nursery, Jayden and Mia refuse to sleep.

It started with Jayden going off which then for some reason set Mia off to, so Klaus and Damon quickly grabbed their respective kids and went into the living room, not wanting the other kids to wake up because of the loud crying, and they forced Kol to stay awake with them, saying if they were staying awake all night so was he, much to Kol's annoyance.

"Come on buddy, please stop crying" Klaus begged, trying to stop his son from crying, but failing miserably, "Tell me what you want and I'll get it for you, just stop crying".

"He's not even a month old, Nik" Kol reminded, "He's not going to talk to you".

"Then how am I supposed to help him?" Klaus asked.

"Have you two tried giving them a bottle?" Kol asked, finally sitting up and deciding to help the two panicked fathers.

"Of course we did" Damon snapped, his daughters cries pricking his heart, "We're not idiots, but none of them wanted it".

"Have you checked their diapers?" Kol asked.

"Clean" Klaus replied.

"Maybe they just need each other then" Kol suggested, confusing both Damon and Kol.

"Excuse me?" Damon asked.

"Right, me and Jeremy totally forgot to tell you this" Kol realising, standing up and grabbing the kids playmat that was placed in the corner.

"What did you forget to tell us?" Klaus asked confused.

"Your son Nik, has a thing for Damon's daughter" Kol replied, taking Mia from Damon, "Me, Jeremy and April discovered this when we were babysitting the kids and both Mia and Jayden refused to stop crying until April made them lay next to each other".