King Eden

Author's Name:

RowanCarver

Reviewer:

sky_is_limit

Review Type:

Plot Development

Plot Development Review:

My first impression is that this story is well written and that's just from the first paragraph. I just wanted to throw that out there before really starting.

King Eden gives us an interesting and action-packed start. My thoughts? First of all, I love that everything is happening right here and now. Throughout the chapters read, the plot is right in front of our faces. While some may think there needs to be a clear rising action to everything, I actually find this method better. Why? Because I feel like if too much time is taken out for world and character building, it would probably ruin what you've built.

The pace is well done to me. There's not a moment to relax which I find is one of the reasons I was kept interested in the story. As this is not the genre I normally read, you've done well in effectively capturing my attention. To me, the story honestly doesn't seem to move too fast and it's definitely not slow. From the chapters I've read, we're hit with plot after plot after plot. But upon reaching the end of chapter five, I realize that those four chapters before that aren't even the main plot. In regards to what I read in the blurb, the story really starts once Eden's son, Eli, is taken away. Now, after chapter five, I would hope you still keep a good momentum.

I found the plot really interesting for various reasons. As I mentioned, I'm not usually one to read dystopian type novels until it's zombies. I frequent the romance, new adult, etc. category. But you did well in really capturing my attention. I liked the premise of this woman, a king of a tribe, trying to keep her son safe, only to have him taken away. Already, we see Eden going through many loops and obstacles.

Not only that, but you've sprinkled in a little of everything: betrayal, fight to the deaths, a sickness that ends your life after so much "self-infecting". You've created a world that, to me, is very unique. I never expected a story that not only has Martians as enemies, but fellow people as well.

So, if I had to rate the plot, I think I might give it a solid 10/10. I know for a fact that people who read this specific genre will really enjoy your story. I can already see that many people have. I truly had nothing bad to say, so don't think I didn't read or just skimmed. I only have praise for you.

If you want any clarity on anything I said, please feel free to reach out. And if you're wanting another topic reviewed, please feel free to apply again!

 And if you're wanting another topic reviewed, please feel free to apply again!