Chapter five: music shop and heart to hearts

My brothers slowly made there way into the kitchen Santiago started the cooking on his own and none of my brothers even batted an eye in his direction. 

"Santiago would you like some help?" I asked genuinely wondering if the rest of them just let him cook all of this on his own.

"Can you help with the toast and the scrambled eggs please?" He said beaming at the fact I offered to help him.

"Of course." I said realising that he was looking at my busted knuckles, I returned the smile and began doing as he asked, I filled the toaster and move over to one of the outer hobs on the oven to start cooking the eggs.

Once the eggs were done I started to butter the toast before taking both the items and putting them on plates with a serving spoon for the eggs. I took a piece of toast for myself still not really hungry from last night but knowing if I didn't Carlos or someone would make a comment about my eating habits.

Alessandro sent me a smile as I sat on the kitchen island waiting for anyone to say something.

"Anyone got any plans for today?" Lorenzo asked smiling at his brothers who had all sat at the table.

"I am taking Ximena shopping given she didn't have much when she came and if anyone else wants anything feel free to come with us." Alessandro said.

Around midday Alessandro gave me a pair of his old sweatpants to wear so we could go out. We arrived at the nearest shopping centre, the boys who had came with us went their own ways and me and Alessandro went wherever he took me which wound up being Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein because he said they would probably suit my style most, we then went to the apple store which I didn't want because I didn't need a phone but he insisted he also bought me a MacBook. There was only one shop I wanted to go and that was the music shop.

"Alessandro can we go in here." I asked for the first time all day.

"Sure, are you into music?" he asked me.

"Maria sold the guitar I had but I can play guitar and piano." I explained quietly.

"I am going to buy you a guitar we already have a keyboard at home we can move into your room if you want to." Alessandro said smiling.

"You don't have to, I can use some of the money from my job back in Texas. I have a couple hundred so I should have plenty to afford it." I tried to reason with him he had already spent so much on me.

"No need to use your money, we have plenty." Alessandro argued stubbornly.

When we went into the music shop, I looked around in awe I have never seen so many amazing guitars.

I decided to see which guitar I liked, I played Yellow by Coldplay, the song I love to play on the guitar. But I didn't like the feel of the guitar, I decided to continue looking at the guitars.

"Hi is there any way I could help you today?" the store employee asked me.

"I am looking for a Yamaha guitar or a Gibson." I asked smiling at the employee.

"Okay follow me, have you been playing guitar for a while?" She asked me.

"I have played from the age of three when my older brother Alessandro gave me a guitar." I said smiling up at him.

"Okay well do you play left handed or right?" She asked me sounding genuine.

"Left handed found it more comfortable but if needed I can restring a guitar." I told her knowing not many stores stock guitars that are strung for left handed players.

After about twenty minutes of searching I found a guitar I wanted I asked the sales women how much it was.

"It's on sale for two hundred euro." She told me happily.

"I am going to pay for it." Alessandro said sternly seeing the cogs that were turning in my head I only had fifty euro and I didn't want him to buy it for me but there was no other choice anyway and I had seen him he was watching me while we were looking around.

"Alessandro you don't have to pay I will find a job and wait until I have enough to buy it." I tired to reason with him.

"No Ximena, I am buying you this I saw the look on your face plus it's already strung the way you like and I am aware of how hard they are to find because I have been trying to buy you one for your room and I couldn't." Alessandro said calmly.

"Okay, do you have any job openings here, I would be able to work any day?" I asked her.

"The boss just secured a new hire sorry." she said sympathetically.

"What do you mean you can work anytime?" Alessandro asked me concerned.

"I tested out of school two years early and I want to either work in a shop like this or in a gym or boxing club." I explained after seeing the shocked look on his face.

"Oh makes sense why a boxing club?" he asked me as we left the shop guitar in hand.

"I fell in love with boxing during my second time in juvie, my cell mate had gone crazy and I was sick of being picked on by everyone and I just wanted to be left alone so I learnt how to fight. I spent more time with the tutors and I was able to graduate two years early." I said reminiscing about the few good things that came out of being in juvie.

"I know you and everyone did not have a great first day together but they will come around maybe if you were to explain we would get it better." Alessandro said believing what he was saying was right.

"We only just met, well reunited I don't want to make you think of me as some damaged goods." I said trying not to flip out at the idea he had just put forward.

"The coward dies a thousand deaths, the brave but one ."