Chapter Twenty-Six

After Chica had explained everything in Monty's room, everyone's jaws were wide open. All except for Monty's, who wouldn't accept any excuses.

"Let me get this straight," Bonnie looked at Freddy. "You decommissioned me because the security guard told you to?"
Freddy twitched his ear, swallowing his annoyance. Chica rushed to his defense. "Well, he was forced to! He did this for us!"

Bonnie stayed silent at this, but Monty could tell that he couldn't accept Freddy yet. Monty understood. "I'm truly sorry," Freddy apologized yet again.
Everyone hesitated at this, glancing at each other with doubting expressions.

"You had a reasonable excuse," Chica tried to reassure him.
Gregory's eyes were wide as he stared at Freddy. The staring caught his attention and he waved awkwardly. Sun shot a glare at the bear as if to warn him. He looked away.

Chica saw the whole thing go down. "Come on, guys! He can help us stop Vanessa!"
"Unless he's still working for her and this is all part of a bigger plan," Monty growled.
Bonnie twitched his ear in silent agreement.

Freddy cleared his throat. "I can assure you that..." he paused and took a deep breath, shooting a glance at Chica. "Chica has made me feel as if I can change."
Monty narrowed his eyes, unconvinced. "Mhm, yeah, okay."
Bonnie let out a sigh. "Alright, Freddy. Do you have a plan to stop Vanessa?"

Monty widened his eyes at him. "Wha- I- Bonnie! We can't trust him!"
Bonnie let a small and comforting smile onto his face. "It's okay, Monty. Even if you're right, we'll get through this. All of us will."
Monty opened his mouth to object, but paused, and let himself relax a little.

Freddy blinked at them and Bonnie gestured for him to speak. "Well," Freddy started. "All I have is information. And together, we can form a plan based on that information?"
Bonnie nodded slowly, thinking. "Alright, alright."
Chica clapped, obviously enjoying this. "Great! Now, let's review the information. Freddy, go!"

Freddy gave a slight nod. "Okay, so far, we know that Vanessa is going to dress up as the rabbit lady, Vanny, and try to decommission you all."
Bonnie shifted uncomfortably but Freddy went on. "She has control over all the cleaning bots. I believe the map bots are okay, but the DJ is also under her command."
Bonnie gasped. "THE DJ?? I miss him!"

Monty smiled at him. "After this is all over, we can all vibe together and listen to my soundtrack because I know we all agree that mine is the best," he half-joked.
Bonnie let out a small laugh. Freddy slightly rolled his eyes. "I also know that she's after you," he paused and looked at Gregory.

Gregory furrowed his eyebrows and looked away. "I know."
Sun glanced down at him, an understanding look in his eye. "Now, we need a plan," Chica paced around the room.
Sun nodded. "Alright, let's get planning."