29: Freedom

Kitiara looked herself up and down through her reflection on the river.

" You really think that this will work ? " Her voice was laced with disbelief.

" If you play your role correctly, yes. " Ahnan stood next to her gazing at their reflections.

The air bender caressed the black cloak which was hiding all of her body.

There was a huge hood to cover her whole face.

The kyoshi warrior was still not fully convinced that the plan could work.

There was a big possibility that the guards would recognize Bolin or Varrick.

However, the thing was that they must be believed dead. The train exploded.

Nobody could have survived this.

Kitiara sighed fixing a little the black cloth a d adjusting it better on her form.

She wanted to go and warn Republic City.

No.

She needed to warn them.

Kitiara breathed the fresh air. She allowed the cold air to fill her warm lungs.

" Very well. Even if I wanted to check on these patrols that you and your friends did, we are running out of time. Time is precious. We can't afford more delays. "

Kitiara turned to gaze at the woman. " I will stand by you, Ahnan of the Water Tribes. "

Ahnan nodded. " So will I, Kitiara Beifong of the Air and Earth Nation. "

***

The two women walked toward the rest of the team. Kitiara's face was hidden under the oversized hood.

Baraz pulled out the rope. " Alright, now that Ahnan and Kitiara are here. It's high time we restrained ourselves. "

Bolin and Varrick started wrapping around the long rope around everyone's hands.

The First 'prisoner' was Baraz while the last one was Kitiara. The one before her was Ahnan.

Bolin tightened the rope around his friend's hand. " Is it okay ? It's not suffocating you, right ? "

" It's perfect. I can cut it easily with my fans if something happens. Thank you, Bolin. " She assured him.

The earth bender nodded. " Okay, if you need anything, just say it. "

Kitiara rolled her eyes at this one. " I said I'm fine. I'm not a baby. Anyway, go in the front now and talk the guards into letting us pass through. Remember, that's the fastest way to Republic City and we have no time to spare or waste. "

Bolin nodded again. " Got it. "

***

Kitiara glanced over Ahnan's shoulder.

They were there.

The checkpoint.

The woman gazes at the big metallic wall which was as long as the entire border.

She shook her head in disgust.

They were never helping those poor people.

They were only trapping them, collecting them like objects for later use.

They were keeping them to manipulate them and either add them to the army or use them to gain more resources.

She was so blind.