Chapter Twenty

Athena

I wanted to kill Nate Thomas. I still do.

I felt bad for Alessandro because all he was doing was taking care of me and not taking the time to grieve the loss of his child. Our child.

He's been caring for me and I love it but I haven't even seen him shed a tear. It hurts me more when he feels as if he has to be strong around me.

I felt soft, gentle kisses being placed all over my face. "Baby. It's time to wake up, love." Alessandro said softly and continued to kiss my face. I groaned but moved closer to where the kisses were coming from.

He chuckled and rubbed my back, moving to my stomach but freezing. It was almost unnoticeable because he immediately went back to rubbing my back. "Serene's here to see you. I have to step out for a moment."

I nodded, kissing his lips quickly. He stood up and started pulling on his pants. "Oh, Athena. I need to apologize." He walked back over as I sat up in the bed. "I- You mean everything to me. I'm sorry for the way I acted when Tabitha was there. I said it because I knew she'd go to the press about it and I wasn't sure if you were ready for that. It's no excuse for saying your no one to me when, in reality, your my entire life. Im sorry, Athena." He kissed the tattoo and looked up at me with sincere eyes.

I smiled and placed a hand on his cheek. "I know your sorry. But," Worry appeared in his eyes causing me to laugh slightly. "I won't allow you to just have me again. You'll have to work for it."

"Of course, my love. I'll do anything." He kissed my palm and stood up. When he finished dressing he kissed me on my eye, cheek, lip and neck. "Your beautiful. You've always been beautiful and always will be." I smiled.

Just as he left, Serene and Rachael walked in with big sad smiles on their faces. "I knew the bitch wouldn't die. She's fucking immortal." Rachael said, trying to lighten the sad mood. We laughed, Serene trying her hardest not to cry.

She had a broken arm and her face looked as if she'd been crying all night. "How are you?" They sat on either side of my bed.

"I'm fine, Serene. From the look your giving me I assume you both already know." They reached for either of my hands at the same time.

"I'm sorry. No deserves to lose a baby."

"I didn't even know I was pregnant." I scoffed. "All the signs were there but I ignored them. Of course I did." I bit my lip so I wouldn't cry. I was tired of crying. I felt weak.

"Athena, you know this isn't your fault, right?" Rachael asked.

"Alessandro's been telling me all night but I can't help it. I should've at least noticed something was different."

"He's good for you. I'm glad he's here, and he's right. Whoever did this to you, they'll suffer. I promise."

Oh don't I know.

"I'm glad to finally see you guys, though!" I said and we all leaned in for a group hug.

"Ugh, me too. Did Oliver come in here by any chance?" Serene asked.

Rachael rolled her eyes with a small smile. "Yes he did. How'd you know?"

They laughed, "Well let's just say that if your husband wasn't practically the owner of this hospital and hated Oliver's guts then we wouldn't be here."