C H A P T E R 65

"And you're sure Nathaniel approved of them?"

"Well it's kind of late for him to say no." Y/n replied, batting their eyes at the sound check crew. The main guy only scoffed, rubbing his temples.

"Fine, but I'm not covering for you." Y/n smiled, adjusting their mic pack slightly so it wouldn't bother them too much. They then walked out onto the stage, their boots clicking every time they met with the platform.

The stage was big, yet bland due to the stage lights being turned off and props still being wheeled in. Cold air hit their face from the lack of people. Brian, Toby, and Tim sat in a circle on the stage, seemingly looking at something on Toby's phone.

"Ah, my favorite cult members." Toby turnt his head completely up so he was looking up at Y/n and they were looking down at him.

"I always forget how famous you actually are." Toby said, probably in surprise to the venue. Y/n smiled.

"Eh, I'd rather you treat me like how you already do." They said, shrugging their shoulders. Toby patted a spot next to him, motioning for Y/n to sit down. Though to that they only shook their head.

"As much as I'd really love to, I'm going to have to do more preparation in like five minutes. I also have to check up on my backup dancers and make sure everything with them is fine. Plus, I like being taller than you guys." The youngest boy huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, you're only that much taller because you're wearing boots." Tim said, an amused smirk on his face. Y/n would've argued back, but someone had called them backstage.

"I'll be back, and I'll come back with an insult that'll put you in your grave before your lungs do." With that, they ran back to see why they had been called. In front of them stood Nathaniel, texting someone on his phone. The singer internally rolled their eyes.

Nathaniel finally looked away from his phone and to Y/n, though not giving much reaction. He only stuffed his phones, along with his hands, in the pockets of his suit.

"Your mother called." Y/n's interest in the conversation piqued, raising a brow.

"Oh? What did she say?" They asked, wondering as to why her mom would call Nathaniel and not her.

"She said you called her earlier and had a panic attack because of the concert. She then claimed you were seemingly acting 'crazy'." He confessed, causing Y/n to widen their eyes.

"What the ?! That- no. She called me and I was busy so I told her I would call her later. That never even happened." Y/n felt confusion take over. Why would their mother make up a stupid lie like that?

"I don't know who's lying, but frankly I really don't care. Y/n, if you're not feeling well, tell me so I can get paramedics on standby. And sort this out with your mother before it affects your performance tonight." He said, walking away before Y/n could answer. The singer stood there, deep in thought as to why their mother would even make up a lie like that.