Chapter 139 - Alura's Emotions

Lena and Alura are now sitting on Lena and Kara's bed, hugging each other tightly, with the mother trying to sooth her daughter as much as possible after everything that happened. Lena knows that for the next few days Alura is not going to leave her side, and is going to refuse to sleep in her own bed, and Lena honestly doesn't blame her.

Kara comes flying into the bedroom, with a worried look on her face, about 10 minutes after Lena put the bracelet on Alura.

"Are you both, okay?" Kara asks, quickly walking over to her family, and taking a seat on the bed next to them.

"We are physically fine, Kara." Lena replies, "I've put your red sunlight bracelet on Alura's wrist to stop anything from happening with her powers."

"Good." Kara nods.

Kara then moves over to Alura, and looks her in the eyes, with the young girl resting her chin on one of Lena's shoulders.

"Are you okay, baby?" Kara asks.

"No. That was scary." Alura says, biting her lip.

"I know it was, baby, but that bad woman can't hurt you anymore." Kara says.

"No. My eyes." Alura replies.

"Oh...." Kara says, thinking that Alura would have been more so scared of whatever the shadow woman was doing, and not what happened with her powers, "Well, you don't have to worry about that now. As long as you wear this bracelet, that can't happen again. But I know how you feel. When I first came to Earth, I had all these powers, and I didn't know how to control them, and it was very overwhelming. You have no idea how many things I destroyed because of that. But I promise you, momma and I are going to help you through this, and assist you with learning to control your powers. That doesn't mean we want you to use them to be a superhero or anything, like me. We just want you to not be scared of them anymore, and be in control, instead of letting them control you. But we can talk all about that some other time. For now, I think it's best if we all get some rest."

"I want to sleep with you." Alura says.

"That's okay." Lena nods, "You can sleep with me and mommy tonight."

"Yeah." Kara agrees.

Lena then gently lays Alura down in the middle of the bed, while Kara moves the covers to be on top of her, with Lena lying next to Alura.

"Why don't you get changed, while I stay here, and then we can swap?" Lena suggests, knowing that right now Alura needs at least one of them be her side at all times.

"Okay." Kara nods.

Kara gets up from the bed and slowly changes into her pyjamas, using the bathroom, and clearing all the dirt from her face. The reason Kara did this at normal speed is because she didn't want to use her powers around the bedroom and trigger Alura in anyway.

"Alright, your turn." Kara says, as she moves under the covers, lying next to Alura.

Lena nods her head, and transfers Alura to be pressed into Kara's side, rolling her over so the 5-year-old buries her head in Kara's chest. Lena then slowly gets up from the bed and goes about her night time routine, removing her make up, washing her face, brushing her teeth, and finally getting into her pyjamas. Once Lena has done this, she returns to the bed with Kara and Alura, and presses her body close to her little girl, wanting the 5-year-old to feel very protected after what just happened this evening.

Kara, Lena and Alura lay there like that for a long while, with the two adults not saying a word, simply looking into each other's eyes with worried expressions on their faces. The two parents, right now, are just incredibly worried as to how damaging tonight's events are going to be to Alura. Both the mothers know that Alura has been through so much, they just hope this isn't the breaking point which their daughter can't come back from.