Chapter Eighteen

<><><><><><><><>

Dedication: ElainaHayman4 for the awesome cover, thank you!

<><><><><><><><>

"Can we just kiss and make up now?" Imogen persisted, following me around like a lost dog. I sighed, turning to face her, pursing my lips.

"We can make up, but no, I'm not kissing you."

"Yay. We're best friends again." she grinned childishly, clapping her hands.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry about the other day. I was just..."

"It's okay, I understand. I'm sorry too."

I gave her a small smile and she wrapped her arms around my neck, attempting to strangle me. I squeaked embarrassingly, but laughed it off. We didn't speak at all last night or yesterday afternoon. Apparently, she missed me?

"You can let go now." I deadpanned.

She laughed, releasing me. "I made up with Chase too. All is right in the world."

"For you."

I turned and continued getting ready. I ran the straightener over my long, brunette hair. It cascaded down my back and rested on the edge of my elbows. I puffed it up slightly, giving it more volume, before I turned it off. Double checking my appearance and after being satisfied, I began packing my bag for the day. Well, actually, packing a pen and a book. I think that will be sufficient enough. I have already had numerous people ask me if I had a hickey on my neck, but no, it was just the start of a cigarette bur, from my dear old friend Chloe.

I hadn't seen Colin, since our steamy session in the gym. I wasn't sure if I was excited to see him or dreading it. When things usually started going good with him, he bailed, ruining everything. Wrenching the door open, I strode out of the dorm. I heard heavy footsteps fall behind me, before Imogen marterialised by my side. She shot me a toothy grin. I rolled my eyes at her. She was actually that happy to be 'best friends' again.

I didn't exactly see the pleasure in my company, to be honest.

Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear with a sigh, I began wishing I was anywhere but at school. The urge to go destroy myself at the gym was growing stronger and stronger. I made a mental note to slip in a session after my classes were over. Imogen was babbling excessively about some gossip show, but I wasn't tuned in. I was too busy dwelling on a certain bad boy, who I may or may not be sitting with, in only mere minutes. I mumbled, "mm," and "yeah," when appropriate, until we parted ways and I winded down to my English classroom.

I slithered in and made my way to my desk, wanting nothing more than just to sink away into nothing and just sleep. Forever. I planted my chin into my palm, already bored. It wasn't long before Mr. Johnston was striding in, acting like he was God. Or Wentworth Miller. Colin soon followed and collapsed beside me. I unintentionally stiffened, just waiting for him to ignore me. He turned and gave me a heart-stopping, crooked smile. Okay, I think there was actual drool escaping my mouth.

"Morning," he murmured, his eyes raking over my body.

Reply, you idiot!

"May!" I blurted.

We both blinked at each other for a moment, not knowing what to do. Since when did I stuff up my words? I cleared my throat and casually lent back. "Morning, I mean."

"May?" he echoed, smirking.

"Sometimes I combine my words together. Morning and day, you know, the cool kids do that."