- 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 slight movement next to her, Kaci rolled over in her sleep as JJ brushed the hair away from her face, sitting beside her on the long bench. He lifted her head up so that it was resting on his lap, because there were no pillows in the van, and Kaci refused to let them carry her inside the previous night after falling asleep on the way home. However, during the night, she must've crawled into the back, considering that she was now on the bench.

"Kie, this better work," he said to the girls sitting on the opposite bench, throwing the three bars on the ground of Twinkie. "We can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

"Shh, you're gonna wake her up," Sarah told him, pressing a finger to her lip. "Trust me, you don't want to disturb the dragon."

Kiara nodded in agreement. "She's not a morning person."

"Oh, yeah — trust me, I know," said the boy, pulling down the collar of his shirt to reveal yesterdayʼs bite mark.

"Can y'all stop talking shit about me, I'm literally right here," Kaci grumbled, pushing her head further into JJʼs thigh like it was a pillow.

The boy flinched in surprise, grabbing the edge of the seat. Kaci froze. "Ew, JJ, what the fuck?!"

"I'm sorry, I can't control it!"

Kiara and Sarah laughed as JJ turned red and Kaci continued to shout at him.

Eventually, the girl got up and sat down with the other two on the opposite bench. "You're fucking disgusting."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't care."

JJ sighed, giving up and letting her have the last word, turning back to face Kie. "Is it gonna work, then?"

Kiara grinned and lifted up a huge lighter. "It's gonna work."

𖧷

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀 was kept far away from the fire, and literally anything around that could've been used as a weapon. While JJ and Kie argued about who should melt down the gold, she sat back with Pope and bonded over serial killers.

"My favourite is Aileen Wuoros," stated Kaci, happy with the basic conversion as she rested her head against a tree.

Pope looked at her funnily. "Yeah...I don't think you're supposed to have favourites."

"Yeah, well, she's a queen, so..."

"Hey, you guys comin'?" John B called over to them, waving the melted down gold in his hand, then hissing in pain because it scolded his skin.

"He's actually a child," said Kaci. "Like, seriously."

Pope nodded in agreement, jumping up from his seat on the grass and offering his hand out for Kaci, which she gladly took. When the two of them climbed into the van together, JJ looked up and the first thing he did was try pulling the girl over to sit with him again.

Kaci shook her head. "Yeah, no — I headbutted your dick this morning, I'm not letting my ass take that shit," she told him, sitting in between Sarah and Pope instead, who were both chuckling at her comment.

Usually, JJ would've made an inappropriate comment. He literally had to fight off a whole monster to stop himself from doing so, then, too.  "I said I was sorry," he told her again, to which the girl shrugged and looked away stubbornly.