Chapter 5: A Stroll Down Diagon

"I need a wand?"

"I need a wand?"

"Yes, every witch or wizard has one. It helps hone one's powers."

"I don't think I'm going to even learn magic. Why would I want one?"

"Well magic is very useful, how could you not want it?" Asked Riddle. Harriet rolled her eyes, yes magic was cool and everything but she had never needed it before.

"Can you teleport?" Asked Harriet

"Yes." Answered Dumbledore. That was all Harriet needed she needed a wand for sticky situations.

"But, it requires a license and special training. Don't fret though we can teach you." Smiled Dumbledore, Riddle didn't seem too happy about having to teach Harriet or anyone.

"Maybe." They had reached their destination, Ollivander's. Walking in they were met by an old man that smiled,

"Hello, what brings you in today Ms. Potter, Minister, Professor?" Harriet blinked, How'd this guy know her name?

"Hello, Mr. Olivander, we are here to get Ms. Potter her wand." Greeted Dumbledore.

"Oh, it feels like just yesterday your parents were in here buying their first wands. Ah here try this one." Harriet reached out for it but just before she could Olivander snatched it,

"No-no-no. That won't do... How about this one?" He said handing it to her,

"Well give it a wave." She broke a vase,

"Well, not that one. I wonder..." Going to the back he grabbed a wand.

"Here this one, odd combination holly and phoenix feather" Grabbing the wand Harriet felt the same rush of wind but this time, a warm glow of light came from the heavens.

"Curious, very curious."

"What is so curious?" Asked Harriet.

"Well, it seems you shall be destined for this wand when its brother lies in the pocket of the minister over there. The phoenix that gave this feather gave one other, just one." Riddle looked shocked while Harriet nodded not understanding the meaning.

"Is it true that brother wands cannot harm each other?" Asked Riddle

"Yes, just as no true brother would harm another." Both phoenix feather wand holders nodded. Dumbledore smiled, he had a bet to make with Minerva.

As they walked out of the wand shop the trio made their way back to Flourish and Botts and picked up a few different books:

History of Magic

A Modern History of Magic

Basic household charms

Basic household transfiguration

Basic Wizarding Law

Harriet was browsing the shop looking for the basics of herbology book while Dumbledore stepped out, saying something about lemon drops. She had found it, only thing was that it was on the top shelf.

"Stupid wizards and forgetting about non-levation capable folks." Suddenly a hand reached over hers and grabbed the book for her, turning around quickly she was met with Marvolo's chest in her face. After he had grabbed the book her took a step back and handed the book to her. Standing there in embarrassment and a blush on her face she grabbed the outstretched book from his hand.

"Most people would thank me, you know."

"Yes, thank you so very much, sir." Harriet coughed and glared. They paid for the rest of the books and left to meet Dumbledore. They walked in silence each of them stealing glances at the other every so often.

"I do hope the shopping went well, Ms. Potter," Dumbledore said in greeting.

"Yes it did, well I'll read up on these and will see you eventually." Replied Harriet. The two men nodded and waved her goodbye.