44. 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚

The night arrives and the party began, every one of the guests congratulated the new marriage

The night arrives and the party began, every one of the guests congratulated the new marriage. Edward and Juliette presented the members of their distant families.

-Hey, guys, congratulations. - Juliette and Edward smile by watching Seth approaching them.

He gives Edward a short hug and gives Juliette the same.

-Thanks, Seth. - Edward takes his wife's waist while Billy approaches them.

-I hope you're happy, Juliette. - Billy tells the bride

-Thanks, Billy. How's Jacob? - The blonde girl asks

-We haven't known from him but I'm sure he wishes you the best. - Juliette nods and says goodbye to him after talking for a few minutes.

-Juliette... - The couple turns around to look at the Denalis who approach them with another woman.

-This is Irina, Kate and Tanya's sister. - Eleazar presents while taking Carmen's waist

-Oh, pleasure to meet you. - Juliette says smiling

-I can't say the same. - The bride stops smiling and looks down.

-Irina... - Kate scolds

-First, for Bella's fault, they killed Laurent. And now it turns out I have an adopted sister? - Irina says angrily

-Irina, that's enough. - Tanya says her sister's hand strongly

Irina lets herself go abrubtly and walks away from them. Kate and Tanya follow her.

-I'm so sorry, Juliette. - The mentioned one gives Eleazar and Carmen half a smile.

-Don't worry. - Eleazar and Carmen walk away, leaving the couple alone.

-What's a wedding without family drama? - Edward asks his wife

-Yeah. - Juliette admits

-Excuse me, can you hear me? - All the guests take a seat, looking at Emmett who's on the center of the dance floor with a champaign glass on his right hand and holds a microphone on the other hand.

-Oh, no. - Juliette whispers hiding her face in her husband's neck who finds himself laughing

-I'd like to propose a toast. Juliette, I wanna tell you that, since we met you, we knew you'd be part of the family. I really hope you're both very happy together. Although, I also hope you've enjoyed your freedom and have slept enough because you won't be able to from now on. - The bride closes her eyes strongly, feeling how her cheeks blush.

He drinks the champaign along with Charlie and Eleazar. Rosalie goes for her husband while Jolie takes the microphone.

-Edward, I've told you in many occasions but, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking care of my daughter during all this time. I hope you're very happy. I also wanna thank the Cullens and the Denalis for taking care of my Juliette while I couldn't. I'll never have enough words to thank you. - Juliette smiles and sends a kiss to her mother - Dear, I've always dreamed of watching you get married to the man of your dreams. I know Edward will make you happy and will take care of you. I can live calmly by knowing there are many people that love you.