53. 𝑨𝒓𝒈𝒖𝒆

As the weeks went by, Seth, Jacob and Leah mantained a good relationship with the Cullens

As the weeks went by, Seth, Jacob and Leah mantained a good relationship with the Cullens. They took turns to take care of Juliette who was weaker every day.

Emmett stays aware of what happens in the forest, walking through the whole balcony while Jacob, Rosalie and Edward watch over Juliette who's asleep with a hand over her belly and being covered by a large blanket. Emmett stops walking after realising that there are three wolves watching over the house.

-I'll be back. - Edward says before leaning to leave a small kiss on his wife's forehead and exit the living room to start walking towards the library

When he gets there, he realises that Alice, Jasper, Esme and Carlisle are there as well. Alice and Jasper are reading a book while Esme and Carlisle revise something on the laptop. Edward sits in front of his computer to start investigating legends that say something that might help Juliette.

Immortal children.

Demons.

Vampire child.

Edward closes the laptop strongly, getting the other's attention. Without saying anything else, he exits the library to go where his wife is sleeping once again.

The next day, at first thing in the morning, Esme exits the house with three sandwiches for Leah, Jacob and Seth. When she's in front of them, Seth approaches her smiling.

-Thanks, I was already starving. - He says making her smile

Seth starts eating the delicious sandwich that Esme prepared who gives the second sandwich to Leah.

-I'm not hungry, thank you. - Leah whispérs before turning around and walking back to the forest

-Well, I do want it. - Seth says before taking the sandwich

Esme laughs and gives Jacob the third sandwich who takes it with half a smile.

-Thank you. - He thanks her

-Tell me if you need anything else. - The woman says walking back to the house - Leah, you can tell me if you want something to eat. I'll make you anything you want.

Seth and Jacob look at Leah who looks down.

-Thank you, Esme. - She says without looking back at the vampire

Esme gives them half a smile before walking back to the Cullen household.

-Stop being so mean, she makes food for us, she even treats us better than Sam. - Seth says eating his sandwich

Jacob takes the other sandwich that Seth has and, ignoring his complains, gives it to Leah.

-I won't hear your complains of being hungry. I don't think it's poisoned. - Jacob says smiling by seeing her take the sandwich