Chapter 65

"Aradhika, where is swamini, I haven't seen her since morning" Shvet enquired. "Yuvraj, she is practicing sword fighting with Rajkumar Shankh" Aradhika replied. Shvet rolled his eyes, "Wasn't she feeling sick in the morning?" He asked, "She is feeling very weak since you all have returned from Anga, morning sickness has became an everyday routine from past week" Aradhika replied with lowered gaze. Shvet nodded negative and walked towards the weaponry, he heard clanking of swords. "Bhabhi, please stop if you are feeling weak" Shankh pleaded, Vedangi was standing at a distance from him, panting. "But I want to learn it Shankh!" She whined, she had became extra moody these days! Shvet thought to himself and walked in.

"You may learn it, after you are feeling well, not now" Shvet said sternly, but she is Vedangi! She won't listen to anyone this easily. "No! I want to learn it now itself" she was firm. Shvet ignored her and turned towards Shankh, "When are you going to visit the construction of Dharmashala? I would accompany you" he asked and they both engaged in a discussion. Vedangi was angry at the way he ignored her, she took a couple of steps towards them, but black covered her eyes all of a sudden, her head reeled, the sword in her hand felt extra heavy and slipped down from her grip.

Shvet and Shankh whirled, hearing the loud clank of sword, Vedangi was about to fall on the floor unconscious, but Shvet ran towards her and secured her in his arms. He sat on the floor, Vedangi's head on his lap. He tapped her cheeks and called her name, attempting to wake her up, but she didn't respond.  "Jyeshth, take her to your chamber, I would call Raj vaidya" Shankh ran out of the weaponry. Shvet scooped her in his arms and hurried towards their chamber, biting his lip to control tears.
***********************************
"Is she fine Raj vaidya? She wasn't feeling well from almost a week" Shvet asked impatiently, Raj vaidya was still checking Vedangi. He turned towards Shvet and smiled. "There is nothing to worry. But you need to take her extra care for next nine months" Vedangi slowly blinked her eyes open hearing this, a chill ran down her spine, is it really what she was thinking? Was she really going to be a -?  Shvet looked at Vedangi and then at Raj vaidya.

"Congratulations Yuvraj, our Yuvrani is pregnant. Our kingdom would get its next heir soon. Congratulations!" The Raj vaidya announced happily. Shvet and Vedangi looked at each other in disbelief. They were going to be parents! A happy tear rolled down Shvet's eye, he sat on the bed, helping Vedangi to sit, resting on the headboard. They gazed at each other, tears rolling down their eyes, holding each other's hands tightly. There was a chaos of emotions in their eyes, happiness, concern, confusion every emotion was visible in their eyes. They pulled each other in a bone cracking hug, holding each other as if their life depended on that hug. Aradhika, standing besides them wiped her own tears and thanked the lord.

Shvet gently separated her from his embrace and wiped her tears. He held her shoulders and kissed her forehead, "Thank you so much swamini" he said, Vedangi was just looking at him with extreme bliss, he was hap py like this after much time. "Jyeshth, what did Raj vaidya said? Is bhabhi fine?" Shankh asked concerned as he saw tears in their eyes. Vedangi looked at him with glistened eyes, "Some days ago you told me that you too want to be kakashree, right?" She said and Shvet nodded in a yes. "Look how much we care for you Shankh, you are going to be a kakashree soon" Shvet said, Vedangi bit her lip to control her blush.

"What? Means... bhabhi pregnant! Oh my God! I can't believe this. Bhrata congratulations" he hugged Shvet with glistened eyes. "Let me announce this to the whole kingdom! I am going to be a kaka soon" he exclaimed but Vedangi stopped him. "Wait.. wait. I had always wished that when I would announce the news of my pregnancy, everyone around me should be genuinely happy. At the moment matashree is bit angry on me, I don't want to announce the good news now. Lets wait till everything comes to normal, okay?" She said. "As you wish Yuvrani " Shvet mocked her, she whined and hit his arm lightly.
************************************
"Shvet and Shankh you both have to go to the dharmshala construction site tomorrow, okay?" Sudeshna announced as the family sat together for dinner. Shvet and Vedangi shared worried looks, she needed him by her side. "Do you need your wife's permission in works related to the kingdom too?" Sudeshna asked sternly, glaring at them both. Vedangi's eyes glistened, pregnancy had made her too moody, "Nothing like that mata, but-" Shvet tried to speak but was cut by Vedangi. "No matashree, he doesn't need my permission, he would definitely go tomorrow" she forced a smile and want back to her chamber, leaving the dinner unfinished.

Shvet entered his chamber and found Vedangi sitting on the swing in the balcony, her gaze fixed towards the sky. "Meenu" he slowly calle her, she turned her tear filled gaze towards him for a few seconds and fixed it on towards sky again. "Seems someone is angry on me" he said sitting besides her. She wrapped her hands around his chest and rested her head on his shoulder. "I would miss you" she said, "I would too my priya, but it's just a matter of few days" he rocked her head,she snuggled close to him like a baby. "I can't believe we are going to be parents" she said, "And I would have to take care of two kids, tiring" he mocked chuckling.

Vedangi whined again and punched his chest, Shvet held his ears in apology. "Aww, my nath looks so cute while apologizing. I would make you apologise daily now" she giggled. Shvet nodded his head negative and pulled her more close in a hug.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Tons and tons of apologies to the ones who were waiting to read further, but my offline exams are approaching and I have to study a lot these days.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤️.