Chapter 23

SAVANAH

It's been a week since the dinner between me and Leo. I woke up in my bed the next morning with Leo's note on my table lamp. This meant that Leo put me to bed.

When we were watching the movie I felt Leo's hand on mine, without thinking I interlaced my fingers with him and he gripped it tighter.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Leo, smiling. I don't know what is happening between me and Leo but whatever it is, I am looking forward to having it.

Leo and I contacted only 2 times this week as he has gone to Italy for a business deal and is coming back tonight.

My day in the hospital was awful many patients today couldn't make it. Dr William was also present in hospital-like other regular doctors for a disciplined amount of time.

The complaint which I submitted was declined because I didn't have enough proof and they are not taking Dr Nolic and Jul as my witnesses.

Right now I am heading to bed, my phone kept beeping from someone's message. Reading my messages my limbs stopped working, my breath started to close down.

It was from Dr William.

Dr William: I love you, Savanah. I can't stop thinking about you from the day I met you and what things I wanna do to your body for me I am gonna fuck your tight little pussy so bad that your pretty little hands will shake next time you come in front of me. I am gonna make every part of your body beg to me like a pretty little whore. I am gonna make you my whore soon.

Reading this message made my eyes teary, I can't believe someone can write this vulgar thing to a woman.

I took a screenshot of the message and wrote an email to both my chief and the medical administrator of our hospital hoping they will consider this as potential evidence for sexual harassment.

After emailing the email I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep, my eyes were still running. For the first time in a long time, I felt completely alone not being able to tell to someone how I feel.

I wanted someone just to be here for me to hug me and tell me it's okay you have got it. I am so tired of doing it on my own now. I need someone. I need you.

I couldn't call Jul because she was having her date with Connor and I wouldn't like to destroy people's happiness because of my crisis.
For a split second, I wanted to call Leo, but couldn't.

The whole night I kept crying and I couldn't sleep. I called my hospital's reception desk to cancel all my surgeries tomorrow because with this headache I will not be able to do anything.

The darkness was defeated by the bright yellow sun rays but not in my life. I have to go to the hospital and face that scum now.

Reaching the hospital for the first time in my life my head was low with shame it felt like people could read the message printed on my face.

As I continued to walk looking down I bumped into someone. It was Cole. I smiled at Cole and started to walk past him.

"Savanah," Cole called me which made me stop in my steps. His voice was soft, not loud or alarming which made me realise that he might know about it.

"Dr Noilc wants to see you in his office." My eyes were on the verge of having a waterfall. I looked up at Cole and nodded.

Cole was not looking at me like he used to look at me before. He looked at me sympathetically his demeanour changed towards me like I am some broken doll.

That doll is no longer useful but you still, keep it carefully so it doesn't get ruined completely.

I made my way to Dr Nolic's cabin. I was not able to lift my head to look him in the eyes. With controlling the shivering in my voice I spoke.