Chapter 30

Jason eventually responded to his LGM's message when he arrived home, realizing that he had unintentionally left her on read.

Timi was to blame for this, but he wasn't around, and Jason had no idea where he had gone. Jason intended to ask his mother about Timi's whereabouts, but she would likely assume Timi was with him, making the inquiry futile.

After entering his room, Jason sat down on the bed and leaned back, and started to text Timi when he heard the gate open. He peeked out of his room window to see Timi and Beamer coming in.

Timi returned Jason's ball before heading indoors, Jason hurried downstairs to meet them. Beamer was preparing to leave, but Jason insisted on escorting him. Meanwhile, Timi excused himself to go wash up.

"Guy what you did wasn't fresh..." Beamer said as they stepped outside.

"What did I do?" Jason asked.

"Somebody came to your house, and you just left them there. You guys are tight gees, he could've followed you to Stephanie's house."

"So it's about Stephanie?"

"No not at all, I came here and saw Timi alone."

"Guy Timi didn't want to come, and I told him I was leaving so..." Jason kept making excuses.

"Bash, I'd see you later" Beamer replied, taking a different direction and leaving, but Jason didn't want the conversation to finish there because Beamer made him feel bad.

Since Malik departed from Chika's place, Chika had been trying to contact Tope, but she didn't answer. He therefore made the decision to leave her a voicenote for when she logs on.

"A lot happened today, Me and Malik talked for like two hours on a call, then when we finished, Guess who came to my house? Senior Lekan! I don't even know how that one knows where I live. I badly wanted to leave him outside but I let him enter, he was now acting somehow in my house like he doesn't know his left from his right, I was controlling him like dog, I was somehow scared but I knew he couldn't do anything. When we got to my room, stuff happened and it felt so hot, so I thought since things are getting better between me and Lekan, I should probably tell Malik I like him now. Malik came, he said he likes me, I told him I like him too then we kissed... I kissed him actually, he now pushed me away saying 'not that way' before he left. God I wanted to die on the spot, I didn't know how to handle such rejection, I can't even look him in the face again..." When the voicenote reached two minutes, Chika cut it off.

Stephanie assisted her parents in unloading the groceries from the car when they returned with her younger twin sisters, who were in JSS1, from their boarding school. She warmly hugged them, overjoyed to see her sisters again. She was struck by how much they had changed since they had last seen each other. Though they had only spent barely a term at school, they looked much slimmer and more mature. It was going to be a short visit, as they were to return to school after the one week mid term break.

After helping her sisters settle in, Stephanie retreated to her room to reflect on all that had transpired. While she knew that Jason didn't choose to be gay, it was difficult for her to accept. She struggled with coming to terms with the reality that he was different from the person she had always known. But Stephanie knew that it was important to accept him and Timi for who they are. It was a difficult realization, but one that Stephanie knew was necessary.

As much as Stephanie wanted to share her thoughts with Beamer, she couldn't, not because they had broken up, but because Jason wouldn't want her to disclose anything to anyone.

As Malik returned home, he saw Lateef waiting for him in the living room, clearly expecting an explanation. Malik had anticipated this and had prepared an excuse, but he knew that Lateef wouldn't easily be convinced. Sure enough, Lateef called him out, saying "I know you went to Chika's house."

"I keep telling you I didn't go there, I don't talk to the boy anymore"

"Do you think I'm stupid? People tell me what you do with that boy."

"I'm not doing anything." Malik sounded frightened.

"But he's doing something to you? You better talk now oh! What is he doing to you? Is he touching you? Is he forcing you?" Lateef shouted.

With Malik unable to explain himself, Lateef grew angry. His silence was incriminating.

"All this time he has been doing this to you, and you cannot tell me"

"He's not doing anything!" Malik shouted.

"I will kill that boy, I swear"

"Please stop he didn't know" Malik blurted out.

"He didn't know what? Malik what? Answer me!!" Lateef demanded, becoming more suspicious of the situation.

Lateef's frustration boiled over, and he slapped Malik in anger, but Malik remained tight-lipped, refusing to reveal anything. Lateef was now convinced that something was going on between Malik and Chika, and he swore to injure Chika aggressively the next time he saw him.

Late at night, Timi received wedding pictures from his mother, and as he scrolled through them, a smile formed on his face. Seeing the happy couple, he couldn't help but feel a hint of envy, wishing he could have something similar someday.

Timi dropped his phone, plunging the room into darkness. In the dim light, he could still make out Jason's well-defined abs since Jason was shirtless, he studied the rise and fall of Jason's chest. Feeling a surge of desire, Timi gently traced his fingers over Jason's chest, trying not to disturb his peaceful sleep.

Suddenly, Jason's eyes fluttered open and he caught Timi staring, before Timi could say anything, Jason leaned in and kissed him, igniting a passionate spark between them. Timi found himself being pulled on top of Jason, and they continued to kiss fervently, completely absorbed in each other and oblivious to everything else around them.