[ 3 ] He's Kinda Hot Though

CHAPTER THREE
• he's kinda hot though •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"SO, WHAT DO you think about the greenie," Minho taunted with his eyebrows wiggling in their usual way. Evony laughed but didn't respond. This was a usual conversation for the two friends, especially after a box day. He had it convinced that at some point a boy was going to come up the box and she was going to fall in love with him. So far the closest she had gotten was having a weak crush on Max for about a week.

"Minho, no." She dismissed. Since the two were currently running, she sprinted past him and out of earshot.

It wasn't long before he caught up to her. "Minho, yes." He nagged again, this time bumping her on the shoulder as they ran.

"No."

"Yes."

"Minho."

"Evony." He shot back.

"Could you stop?"

He faked a confused expression. "Stop what?"

She rolled her eyes, unpleased with the childish behavior of her friend. "You know what, you do this every time."

"I do?" He questioned. It might've sounded sincere but the glint in his eye told her otherwise. Slowing to a stop he pulled off his pack and flopped onto the floor. "We're having lunch."

Evony sighed, relieved that it was time to refuel her body. She slid down the maze wall until her butt hit the floor. Instantly she dove into her ham and cheese sandwich, practically swallowing the whole thing in just a couple bites. Both teens sat as they ate, the comfortable silence taking over.

She chugged down half of her water. "I don't know."

Minho snapped his head over to her. "You don't know..what?"

"The greenie," she confirmed, "I don't know about him yet."

He slowly nodded his head. It looked like he was deep in thought. Evony returned to her food, taking a bite out of her apple and leaning her head against the ivy covered wall.

"You think he's hot?"

She almost choked on her piece of meat. "What?"

"I mean," Minho started, acting like his question was the clearest thing in the world. "Do. You. Think. He's. Hot." He slowed his words to pronounce them one at a time. Evony slapped him in the shoulder in return for the treatment.

"You don't have to baby me. I understood the question." She remarked. Her body slid down farther on the wall until she was practically laying on the ground. After only a moment of thought, she responded with a small shrug. "Sure. Thomas is cute."

"Yeah, but is he hot?"

Her mouth gaped open like a fish out of water. "Uh-"

"I think he's hot." Minho confessed with a smug smile. He shoved his water bottle back into his bag and stood up. He started walking towards the direction they needed to go.

Evony rolled her eyes once more. Her friend calling another guy hot wasn't a surprise at all. In fact it would be more shocking if he called a greenie ugly. She decided to taunt him back with the same tone he used on her. "Maybe you should see if he's into guys then. If he says yes you can invite him to join you and Ben the next time y'all have fun."

Minho stopped and spun around, his finger pointed out at her. He waved it back and forth inches away from her face. "Me and Benicles are not having fun."