Chapter 4. The Hale Vault

"We're just gonna wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. And we're not going to call or talk to anyone." Stiles instructed baby Derek as we walked through my front door. I was praying that my father wasn't here, I know my mom is at the hospital but my dad has been staying over lately. 

I don't hate him, not anymore. There's no point. All of the animosity and blame that I have put on him over the years has only brought me down emotionally and Scott has told me time and time again that he's different now, he's not the same alcoholic piece of shit sperm donor he had been before. He's here now and he wants to try and patch things with us up. 

Granted, I don't go and engage in conversation with him willingly, but if he says hello I respond accordingly. I just don't feel comfortable letting him back in the way that Scott is. I understand that people can change, but at the same time I can't let go of the pain he caused me. I loved him more than I loved anything else in the world. I was the definition of a "daddy's girl" and he just kind of dropped me. 

I want to be able to have a semi-normal relationship with my father, who wouldn't? And he is willing to try this time, so I've decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him prove to me that he does want to stay in my life for good this time. Of course it took quite a bit of convincing on Scott's part to make me feel this way, but that's not the point. 

"Do I talk to you?" Derek asked Stiles hesitantly.

My boyfriend shook his head from side to side, "No."

"Okay," he responded, but then he glanced at me, "What about Kasey?"

Stiles groaned loudly, "No. No talking in anyway, got it?" 

"Okay, but who's going to talk to him?" Derek asked as he pointed in the direction of my kitchen. 

My eyes widened when I saw my dad walking in, holding two large bags of take out. Shit. I think Scott said something about having dinner with him tonight in order to make up for our absence last night. Seeing as how I very rarely stay at my own house throughout the night though, I don't understand why my dad would assume I would be home for dinner. 

I'm not going to question it though because I'm starving. 

"Ah! Are you getting taller?" my boyfriend gasped as he spastically jerked around. Even though we have dealt with werewolves and evil sprits, oh and Jackson being a Kanima, the sight of my harmless father with a bag of Chinese food scared him greatly. 

My dad quirked an eyebrow, "What are you guys doing here?" 

"We're waiting for Scott," Derek replied. I almost smacked him, it had been a total of ten seconds since the whole no speaking rule was enforced and he had already broken it. 

I was silent as my dad glanced at his watch, "Yeah so am I. We're supposed to have dinner... I guess you got my text, Kase?"

"Yeah, that's exactly why I'm here... because you texted me." I lied awkwardly, I hadn't checked my phone in hours.