⚘fifteen⚘

With the new social season starting Benedict and I have moved to our home in London. While not right across the street from the Bridgerton home as my childhood home had been it is merely a few minutes' walk. Benedict and I wished to be close to his family and for all the trouble my own is worth I could not abandon Penelope.

Today is the day for the ton's eligible young ladies to be presented into society. My own cousins will not be presented today. Societal rules dictate they must wait a little longer since the passing of their father. Philipa is fine with it. She is still engaged to Mr Finch. I know Prudence is upset. She thinks it the end of the world. Penelope is the same as always. She does not care about being presented nor about what it could mean in finding a husband. She still only has eyes for Colin.

Benedict and I have left our beautiful baby boy, William, at home so that we may see Eloise make her debut. First, we must get her to come out of her room.

Benedict and I as well as all his siblings and Lady Bridgerton are standing outside of Eloise's locked bedroom door.

"I just think it's important..." Anthony starts.

"No, no, no," Benedict starts.

"Hush," I tell them all.

Everyone starts to talk over one another. Each offering a different solution to our Eloise problem.

"Shh! Let her come out on her own," Lady Bridgerton insists.

"Is this the plan?"

I turn and see Daphne walking down the hallway towards us.

"Daphne, thank goodness you're here," Lady Bridgerton tells her.

"She's requested time," Anthony tells Daphne.

"We do not have time. Stand back," Daphne states.

Benedict moves to stop her from getting to Eloise's door. "No offense, Sister, but you are the last person she'd like to see."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Daphne asks.

"Are we sure she's in there?" Hyacinth asks.

"Of course, she is in there," Francesca insists.

"Where else would she be?" Gregory asks.

"Climbed through the window, the chimney..." Benedict starts.

"Quiet! She may hear you," Lady Bridgerton says.

"You do realise I left my husband and child at home for this," Daphne reminds us.

"I told everyone this would happen, now we're late for the queen," Anthony says.

"Shh. I hear something," I tell him.

We all listen quietly. Anthony groans before reaching for the doorknob.

"Anthony," Lady Bridgerton starts.

Before Anthony can grab the door knob the door finally opens. Three maids hurry out of the room in a huff. I cannot imagine Eloise was too kind to them. Eloise walks into view ready for her presentation. She looks as if she would rather be anywhere else.

"If one of you utters a single word..." Eloise threatens. "Let us get this over with."

I smile as we start after Eloise. "I thought Eloise looked rather beautiful," I whisper to Benedict.

Benedict laughs. "Don't let her hear you say that."

With simply not enough room in the carriage with Lady Bridgerton, Eloise, Hyacinth, and Francesca I instead ride with Benedict, Gregory, and Anthony.