ii. 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

"You know, i'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones

"You know, i'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones." Max called from the back, huffing as she carried equipment.

"Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon." Dustin said back.

"She doesn't have electricity?" Lucas gave Dustin a questionable look.

"That's the Amish." Max rolled her eyes.

"I would be so painfully sorry to not have a tv." Cassie carried one side of the cooler while Lucas had the other. "I'd weep for the loss of my Sunday programs."

"Oh god, yeah. I'd cry if you lost your Sunday programs too." Lucas cringed, shaking his head.

"What are Mormons?" Will asked.

"Super religious white people. They have electricity and cars and stuff, but since i'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve." Dustin spoke from the front with a longing sigh.

"How heartbreaking." Cassie shook her head. "Grieving the loss of your soulmate, being separate by something so little as religion. Do you feel as though you need to yank your heart out in order to rid this suffering and loss?"

"It's all a bit...Shakespearean." Dustin hummed.

"This was fun and all, but uh-" Mike called from the back of the group, tapping his watch

El cut in. "I have to go home."

Dustin pointed to the top of the hill. "We're almost there."

"Sorry, man." Mike shrugged his shoulders. "Curfew."

"Good luck." El smiled, the pair taking off.

Cassie sighed. "Now my soul feels crushed and sentenced to death."

Lucas rubbed her back. "It's okay, Cas."

"It's not okay." Dustin scoffed. "I just got home."

"I'm here." Cassie hurried down Mikes basement stairs the next morning when she got the call. "What is the horrible problem that had Mike in utter distress over the telephone?"

"She knows i'm lying. She knows i'm lying." Mike paced around the room with a knowing point.

"I don't even understand. Why lie?" Lucas gave an add look, passing Cassie the box of cereal and moving over so she could sit with him.

"Hopper!" Mike tossed his hands up."He threatened me."

"Did he stare you down, his deadly eyes terrifying your soul, ready to crush you with every ounce of hatred and pain he had, then threaten to string you up and-" Cassie started.

"Kill you?" Lucas finished her sentence.

"No!" Mike gapped at the two. "If I don't do what he says, then he'll stop me from seeing El."

"More forbidden romance? I can't handle this." Cassie inhaled as she held her head. "I feel like i'm seconds from exploding. My brain is so overpowers by such a clique love story that i'll combust and die a slow, painful, agonizing death that will only lead to more pain!"