Chapter 10. Lethal Lacrosse Player

My head was spinning as I stumbled out of the Janitor's closet. Derek was nowhere to be found and I was going to be late for class. It was Econ with Finstock and I really didn't care to miss it, only problem was that Scott and Stiles were both in that class. I didn't have to avoid Scott anymore, because I had already seen Derek... now it was Stiles I needed to avoid.

Never in a million years would I even think about kissing someone other than Stiles. Never in a million years would I even think about Derek Hale in a romantic way. Never in a million years would I even think that Derek would want to kiss me. I don't understand why when things go bad for me, they get worse with each passing second. It's not bad enough I'm a hybrid and we have a deadpool with our names on it, now I have Derek kiss me and tell me that he loves me?

Just take me out back and shoot me.

I have to tell Stiles, like I have to. I can't just not mention this to him. Even though I didn't kiss Derek back, I did stand there without pushing him off of me. I don't know what to think. I should be mad at Derek for putting me in this position but can I really be mad at someone for having feelings for me? Oh, I don't know. I don't care about Derek right now, it's Stiles that I'm worried about.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I glanced down at the screen; 

Text From : stuhlinskiii aka bae

        it's a lacrosse player. one of the killers is a lacrosse player. meet us in coaches office after class, which you are so late for, you okay? oh and i love you. 

Okay, my life officially sucks.

I need to stop planning to avoid people because clearly whenever I attempt to do so, it backfires majorly and I am forced to face them regardless. I hate my life. Well, at least the supernatural aspect of it. I think I can manage the teenage girl problems, but the supernatural stuff on top of the them? Yeah, not so much.

Text To : stuhlinskiii aka bae

      yeah i'm okay, little headache. i'm just gonna go to the nurse, i'll meet you there. i love you too.

Let the lying games begin, and may the odds be ever in Kasey's favor.

▴▵▴

"This... this is pointless. Most of the team plays with their own gear." Scott stated in frustration as he tossed a lacrosse stick onto Coach's desk. 

Apparently in class today, Coach was ranting about how broke our school is and he was waving around a lacrosse stick with duct tape on it and somehow ended up pointing it at Stiles, which led Stiles to see that the base of the lacrosse stick was a similar shape to the stab wounds on the most recent victims. How he managed to come up with that is beyond me. 

Kira shrugged, "Maybe instead of trying to find a lacrosse stick with a hidden dagger in it, we should be trying to get the game canceled?"

"Or just knock Garret out and question him." I suggested. 

Scott glanced at me, "Garret?"

"Yes, Garret. I'm telling you it's him. He's just... evil." I stated flatly. I get a bad vibe from him every time I see him, and not to mention that when he touched me at Lydia's party it felt like my skin was on fire. That has to mean to something. 

My brother rolled his eyes, "What is with you two and just assuming people are evil?" 

"Excuse me," Stiles huffed defensively, "Matt was evil, like totally evil and I called that from day one and nobody believed me."