Realization

Aurora shoots up out of bed. She's panting and covered in cold sweat. Rory suddenly gets the urge to go into the hallway.

She slowly walks down the hallway. She sees the women with the slit mouth peek around the corner of the doorway in front of the steps. Rory follows the woman. It's like she can't control her body anymore.

She continues to follow the woman. The woman leads Aurora into the museum. Suddenly, the door slams shut behind her. Aurora gasps and turns around.

She runs over to the door and tries to get it open. The door won't budge. Aurora starts to freak out.
"Momma! Daddy! Nana! Help me!" Aurora shouts to try and wake her family.

Aurora turns back around when she hears a loud creak come from behind her. She sees the slit mouth woman holding Annabelle and a music box in the chair. Aurora screams.
"Momma!" Aurora screams at the top of her lungs.

~~~

Upstairs, Lorraine wakes up to hearing Aurora faintly call her name. Suddenly, she hears Aurora scream at the top of her lungs.
"Ed! Wake up!" Lorraine exclaims as she shakes Ed.
"What?" Ed asks weary.
"It's Rory." Lorraine mutters in fear.

They both then hear Aurora cry out for help. Lorraine closes her eyes. Her eyes then shoot back open.
"She's in the museum." Lorraine shouts.
Her and Ed run downstairs to the museum.

Ed starts to try and knock down the door.
"Momma! Daddy!" Aurora yells.
"We're coming hunny." Lorraine calls out to her daughter.

Aurora turns back around and she sees the woman and Annabelle start to get closer to her. Ed keeps trying to open the door.

"Move away from the door!" Ed yells to Rory.
Aurora moved out the way and Ed busts down the door. He runs in and carries out the sobbing child. He puts Aurora back down on the floor. Lorraine bends down and gets on her knees. She pulls Aurora into a hug.

"What happened sweetheart?" Lorraine asks as she pushes a strand of hair behind Aurora ear.
"There was this woman with a slit mouth and she was holding Annabelle." Aurora stutters and sobs when she tells the story.
Lorraine's eyes go wide.

Lorraine realized that Aurora was describing the spirit that slit Rory's mouth in her vision.

"It's ok Rory." Lorraine pulls her back into a hug.
"Annabelle is still in her case." Ed informs Lorraine.
"But she was right there!" Rory pleads.
Ed gives Lorraine a look.

"Let's go back to bed. You can come and sleep with us. Does that sound ok?" Lorraine asks.
"Ok." Aurora mutters.

The three of them all go back to bed.

~~~

The next morning, Aurora wakes up in between her parents. She tries to quickly get out of the bed, but Ed stirs awake.
"Sorry daddy." Aurora mutters.
"What are you sorry for?" Ed asks confused.
"Waking you up." Aurora mutters again.
"It's ok pumpkin." Ed says.
"Oh." Aurora looks down at her mom sleeping soundly.

"Wanna go outside and play with Winston" Ed asks.
"Sure, but what about momma?" Aurora asks.
"She'll be fine." Ed assures Rory.
"Ok." Aurora follows her dad outside to the chicken coop.

Aurora goes over to Winston. She crouches down and pats Winston's head.
"Hey Winston." Rory whispers to the chicken.
Winston moves closer to Rory. He snuggles against her leg. Ed smiles as he watches Winston and Aurora play together.

Lorraine then goes outside and sees Ed watching Rory and Winston playing together. She smiles and starts to walk over to them.

"Having fun?" Lorraine asks and Ed and Aurora's heads turn towards her.
"Yes!" Aurora exclaims as she runs over to Lorraine.
Lorraine picks up Aurora and rests her on her hip.

"Me and Winston were snuggled up against each other. It was so cute!" Aurora smiles.
Lorraine smiles back at Aurora. She then notices Aurora's focus go behind her.
"What's wrong honey?" Lorraine asks.

"There's someone in the living room." Aurora mutters.
Lorraine turns around. She looks inside the window. She sees the slit mouth spirit walk across the living room.
"Ed." Lorraine mutters.

"What happened?" Ed asks.
"There's something inside the living room." Lorraine explains.
Ed goes running into the house. Lorraine follows him. Aurora tightens her grasp on Lorraine. She starts to cry.

They all get into the living room. There's nothing there.
"I just saw it. Rory did too." Lorraine pleads.
"I believe you." Ed says as he walks over to Lorraine.

"Momma." Aurora whispers.
"Yes?" Lorraine asks.
"I've seen that thing before." Aurora admits.

"When did you first see it?" Lorraine asks.
"The night before you guys came home. It was in the kitchen." Aurora continues to whisper.
"Have you seen this any other times?" Lorraine asks.
"It was in my room one night and in the kitchen last night." Aurora admits.

"Oh sweetheart." Lorraine pushes a strand of hair behind Rory's ear.
"I should've told you sooner." Rory stutters.
"No, no, it's ok. You told me now. That's good enough for me." Lorraine assures Rory.
"Ok." Rory mutters.