xli. Winter

겨울

겨울

"JUST COME OVER here," insisted Bitna's voice through the phone that was pressed against Mina's ear. Bitna was at the Winter Ball that was occurring that evening, given from the music that was blaring in the background of the phone call. While her best friend danced in a room full of people, Mina was laying in her bed, staring at the ceiling in boredom. Of course, she had chosen not to attend the Winter Ball, but her night was filled with absolutely nothing.

"I would, but my father wouldn't let me if I asked. I'm supposed to be 'resting', even though I'm completely fine," Mina said into the phone, tracing the pad of her fingers on the comforter on her bed.

"Just sneak out like you usually do. Minnie, please, I want you to come here. It'll be fun, I promise," Bitna said with a soft voice, somehow being heard over the chattering in the background.

With a sigh, Mina spoke up. "Okay. I'll be there in twenty," she said before hanging up, sliding off of her bed. She already had an outfit semi-planned, in the case of her untimely change of mind that ended up happening.

She quickly changed into the dress, one that was deep red and reached to her mid-thigh. The sleeves were laced and long, a small component to combat the cold of winter. It puffed out a bit, allowing her waist to appear smaller than it already was. She then slipped on a pair of high heels, black in tone and suede in material, grabbing a satchel that matched as well. She shoved her phone inside, the only thing she really needed to bring.

She applied some minimal makeup, a bright red lipstick as the cherry on top before she stared at herself in the mirror, taking a deep breath.

Stepping back, she pressed the jewel on her bracelet twice, transforming her into her suit, her eyes masked as she maintained eye contact with herself in the mirror.

Please be a normal night, she thought before flying out of the window open, the cold night air pricking at her skin as she got further and further from her house.

Soon enough, she reached her high school, already hearing the music blaring from the gym, several colors glowing from the windows that indeed showed that there was a dance inside. Sneakily, she landed behind the school, glancing around for anyone before transforming back, her red dress puffing out naturally. She fixed her hair a bit before making her way to the entrance of the school. There weren't any students around, considering that it had been hours since the dance had started, and everybody who wanted to be there was already there.

She walked through the empty corridors, her high heels clicking on the tile below her as the music got louder, and eventually, she was at the front door of the gym, seeing a crowd of her classmates on the dance floor. The gym was decorated with a winter theme, fake snow scattered around the floor, several snowflakes hanging from the tall ceiling, and the lights a blue tint.