Chapter Forty-one

Sam Lewis 🦋😌

~ five days later...

"That's a tablespoon, I said teasp —"my jaw unhinged when he tilted the contents on the ladle into the saucepan before I could end my sentence.

   "I... haven't messed up right?" Jordan glanced back at my face with uncertainty, his eyes widening in alarm at my expression.

"I have."he mumbled.

I shook my head, the urge to facepalm very strong.

"You just added a tablespoon of salt to the custard! Who does that?"

This was gonna be harder than I thought. The boys clearly sucked at cooking and Jordan was no exception. By the gods, I should've just done it by myself!

You see, it was a cool Saturday afternoon and after doing the necessary laundry, my roommates suggested we treated ourselves to some sweet homemade snacks.

Some minutes of bickering here and there and then we finally agreed on sausage roll and custard ice cream.

Yeah, cravings.

   Being the "kitchen expert" as Samuel will say, they made me the master chef over here and would follow my instructions of what and what not to do.

I did a little happy dance in my head at that suggestion and then we got to business.

Jordan and Chris sponsored with the buying of ingredients, I made Samuel clean the utensils to be used and me? Let's just say I supervised until Chris and J were back from the supermarket 😌.

I made the rolls as they stood around and admired, and occasionally I'd ask someone to get something out of my reach and the like.

Now let's get back to why I was watching both Jordan and the ladle in his hand with horror.

While I had been preparing the rolls for the oven, he insisted to start with our custard ice cream.

I was like,why not,so I made him mix the powder with water and pour it into a saucepan so we could thicken it over heat.

That's not something complicated right ?

I thought as much.

Five minutes of taking my attention off him to check the baking rolls, Jordan hollered that the mixture had deepened in color and was getting thick. I shot a thumb up and said over my shoulder to add just a lil' salt. Teaspoon precisely.

The next second I turned and guy had spooned a ladle of salt into the fucking custard to be used for ice cream.

   "How's the custard going, man,"Samuel came back from the washroom, oblivious to what had just happened,"can I taste already? Hey won't it be actually nice if we added a pint cinnamon powder?—"

   "Not you too,"I groaned, not even knowing what could be done to the now salty custard.

"What happened?" Chris said, drying his hand after he returned from dumping the garbage we made.

"He put a fucking tablespoonful of salt into it."I sighed, smacking my forehead.

"Eek." Chris chuckled. "That just reminded me of Mel."

I did a double-take at him.

"She adds tablespoon of salt to ice cream?"I deadpanned.

"Argh, I don't mean that. She's kinda obsessed with soy and adds it to everything she cooks."he smiled evocatively. "She added soy milk to my fried rice one time."