22 | Tokyo Nights

You finally left after a good meal and some dessert.

Everyone had pretty much left but Osamu insisted on needing to try out all the food like the fat ass he was.

So you stayed with him to keep him company, besides this is what you wanted originally—just time with your onigiri buddy.

"You know you're lucky you can eat that much and still look good." You grumbled.

"If my diet was anything like yours I'd gain a kilo everyday I swear." You continued ranting.

"Yeah well you just have to do enough exercise to counter it out. Simple." Osamu explained like it was easy.

"It's hard to believe that the amount you eat can be countered by any exercise. In fact it seems like a health hazard if anything." You thought out loud.

"I guess my digestive system just knows how much I love food and figures it all out for me." He chuckled at your mystified expression.

"Also that food was delicious." Osamu praised the food thanking you for bringing him.

"I'm glad you liked it, I used to come here heaps before I moved to Hyōgo, it's a great place." You sighed reminiscing.

"It's not just the food though" you admitted, "I love Tokyo nights, it's just so atmospheric, all the people, the lights.." you gestured around you as you walked through the streets of Tokyo.

Osamu nodded his head in agreement, adding onto what you said, "Yeah, it's so busy but at the same time it's peaceful, just us here in our own world."

You smiled up at Osamu as he looked around in wonder at the tall buildings filled with lit up ads and signs.

You thought about what Osamu said and it was crazy how right he was.

Hundreds of people walked by every minute all with their own thoughts and lives, but the only other person right now who was in your world was Osamu.

It was a peaceful walk in the midst of a bustling city.

"Yeah this is nice." You smiled.

🍙

After a ten minute walk you and Osamu arrived back at the inn.

"Feels like today has gone on forever." You noted with a yawn.

"Yeah it's been a long day" Osamu agreed running his hand through his hair.

You secretly admired the way his already tousled grey hair grew messier.

You also noticed the onigiri ring on his finger which brought a smile to your face.

Ever since you'd bought them you've never seen Osamu without it.

You always worn yours as well to match and even though it was a such a small thing he probably had no idea how happy it made you.

Sometimes it's the small things that count.

"You know tonight I actually planned for just us to go but somehow I stuffed it up." You laughed softly, wondering if you'd regret telling him this.

You now stood at your door ready to go in for the night.

"I had a good time tonight" Osamu told you sincerely.

He made no comment about your prior admission, you realised embarrassedly.

You opened the door ready to bid him Goodnight but before you could say anything he beat you to it.

"Maybe we can go again sometime, just us. Goodnight y/n." Osamu smiled at you earnestly.

Then he just left, leaving you gaping at the door.

"Um—g-goodnight!" You stammered in a panic quickly shutting the door behind you.

You weren't sure what to expect him to say but that definitely was not it.

Maybe he actually likes you y/n

Maybe you have a chance

Don't get ahead of yourself!

Maybe he meant that in a bros only way.

you quickly got ready for bed, thoughts going a mile per hour.

Finally you collapsed onto bed.

It had been a long day.