2

After I get Charlie and Isa settled into the carriage, I push away the fabric for further assessment of  Charlie's skinned knees after determining that his hands will be fine. His knees will also be fine, just needs a bit of cleaning and tending to.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry sister," Charlie says as he sniffles and wipes away his tears, "I hope Isa and I didn't ruin your night." I looked over at Isa to see the same solemn look on her face.

"Oh you sweet boy, you two could never ruin my night, all I care about is your well-being and health," I respond as I pull him and Isa in for a hug. Shortly after that, Charlie fell asleep soundly in my arms while Isa rests her head against my shoulder.

"Who else were you talking to besides Anthony and Daphne?" Isa whispered as to not wake our brother up from sleep.

I nod my head and whispered back, "Their brothers, Benedict and Colin. Their other siblings aren't quite ready for the type of lifestyle that is expected of them."

"Will I ever have the opportunity to meet them and make friends with them?" Isa asked as I nod my head and respond, "I actually was planning on maybe visiting when Daphne doesn't have that many suitors so that I could bring you and Charlie to meet them."

"I would like that very much," I hear Charlie mutter out, indicating he wasn't actually asleep.

"I just have to wait for an invitation from them, to be respectful of their time, so hopefully one of the four mentions my name to their mother," I respond as the carriage went to a stop in front of our estate and the coachmen opened the door for us to allow us out.

I safely maneuver my body out with Isa in tow behind me when I notice someone standing at the front entrance. I look over to Isa to see if she's expecting anything, but she has the same confused look.

"Excuse me, how can I be of service to you?" I asked as I walk up the cobblestone path towards the house.

"I don't know, maybe you can. I'm looking for a dear friend of mine, who just arrived back into town and who left without saying hello or goodbye," the person said as they turn around, showing their face that has a smile upon it.

"I think that's your specialty, Basset," I respond as I smiled back

"W-wait, you know the Duke of Hastings?" Isa asked as she is dumbfounded that someone of such high nobility is on our doorsteps.

"Lady Danbury is his mentor, we were introduced at one point in that span of time as he was under her wing, also I believe he still prefers to be called by his previous name if I am correct," I say as Simon nods his head.

Before Isa could ask, Simon responds, "My father wasn't a very kind man, even to me when I was struggling as a young boy. So who are these little people?"

"Simon, this is Isa and I'm currently holding Charlie," I say as Simon bows to them and replies, "Nice to meet you two. So I assume your husband is in the studies awaiting your arrival."

Isa and I look at him with furrowed brows as we try to process what he said. Husband? What does he mean by..oh, I keep forgetting to introduce Isa and Charlie as my brother and sister, but I thought everyone would've known that Mama and Papa had two more children.

"I'm not married, nor am I a mother yet. They're my siblings," I respond as Simon looks at me embarrassed he just said that to me and I laugh a little. I then say, "I just assumed everyone in ton knew my parents had two more children, no worries."

"Thank you for sparing me to having to explain myself, I'm sorry about your mother and father, they were such respectful and amazing authorities," Simon responds as Isa nods in agreement.