→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩 : 𝙞𝙞

---------------------------------------------

"MY BATTERIES LOW, BUT..." SEB LOOKED TO HIS SISTER. They sat with Hopper, everyone saying their goodbyes. "it will recharge." El looked between the two men. "I know it will, Kid." Seb smiled lightly, gripping El's hand tighter. "I can fight. Just like Seb." El spoke, Hopper nodding. "You two are better than all of us combined. But right now, me and Seb both need you safe." Hopper spoke, the boy nodding. El sighed a little, looking forward. "This thing is after you. Both you and your brother. Not me." Hopper assured, Seb nodding. "I'm pretty sure you can fight it off anyway. For me?" Seb spoke, El looking to him. The two made eye contact, El suddenly hugging Seb.

The boy just smiled lightly, laying his cheek on top of the girl's head. Hopper stared at the two, a small smile on his face. "Stay safe, please." El whispered as a beg, Seb nodding. "You too. Be in one piece when I come back." Seb smiled, feeling El nod. "Hey..." The three looked to Mike, him stood with Max. "We should probably go." Mike spoke, Seb nodding. Hopper just sighed, wrapping his arm around the two twins. The three shared a large hug, Seb's slight squeak making El snicker. The three shared a smile before Mike helped El up. Max smiled to Seb, both him and Hopper watching the three leave. "Mike?" Hopper called, Seb looking to the man confused. "Be careful." Hopper smiled lightly, Mike nodding and leaving with the others.

Seb watched with Hopper as everyone left except Joyce and Murray, Hopper looking to the teen. "Are you sure you're coming with us?" Hopper asked, Seb turning to see Joyce next to the man. "Yes." He stood up.

––––––☆––––––

"THREE MAN OPERATION. THREE!" MURRAY SPOKE AS SEB LED THE FOUR DOWN A HALLWAY. "Well, change of plans." Joyce shot back, Hopper sighing. "Change of plans?" Hopper spoke, Joyce huffing. "Yeah. Will you explain it to him, please?" Joyce asked Murray, Seb looking back to them for a moment. "We have two options here, Jim. We can turn the machine off, or we can explode it." Hopper cocked his gun. "Oh yeah, says who?" He challenged, Seb rolling his eyes. "Says that man who built it!" Murray reminded sharply, Joyce agreeing. "Yeah, and we wanna explode it!" She spoke, Seb nodding. "Or else our heroic efforts will be for naught!" Murray spoke, Seb humming. "This will end up being a four man operation, Jim, not three." Seb opened the door, everyone walking through.

"Yeah, four." Joyce agreed with Murray again, Seb nodding. "We may need someone extra." He let out, Murray pointing the papers to him.

"See, Jim! Four people!"

SEB HAD LED THE GROUP BACK TO THE ELEVATOR, EVERYONE STOOD STILL AS IT WENT DOWN. "So then I yank those cables like I'm pulling weeds." Murray explained the plan, Joyce stood next to Seb. "And then I set off the alarm-" "According to Alexei, may his soul rest in peace." Murray interrupted, Seb confused. "Alexei?" He asked, Murray shrugging. "A very kind Russian scientist that your dad found." Murray filled him in, Seb looking to Hopper quickly. "The alarm should give you two an opening to retrieve the keys from the vault." Murray moved on, Seb nodding. "This kid can just fill in any dangers we run into." Hopper sighed, Seb humming. "Sure." He shrugged, Joyce ignoring them. "And then we just follow the map to the observation room, turn the key-"