Chapter 9 : Burden

Season 1 : Chapter 9

It was at the moment, the last period of the day. The subject that is being taught to the students was Maths, supervised by Mr.Sakagami, the homeroom teacher of Class-C.

The atmosphere of the class still remained the same, where other than a couple of students, none of them bothered to pay any attention.

As soon as the bell rang, without speaking any further, Sakagami made his way towards the door, not before looking at the whole class with a cruel smirk.

As soon as he left, the other students of Class-D slowly got out of their respective seats and went towards their friends or cliques. Some of them already made their way out of the room, while some of them remained in the classroom, chatting with one another.

"Ayanokouji-kun did you see that?"

The boy in question looked towards his neighbour who sent him an inquisitive look.

"If you are talking about the look Mr.Sakagami gave us, then yeah..I've noticed it clearly."

Horikita put on a thinking expression with a small frown on her face.

"I wonder why though..."

"I have an assumption..From what we deduced, we are not getting 100,000 points next month right?"

Horikita gave him a nod. "Please continue what you are saying. I'm listening carefully."

Feeling thankful that he doesn't have to stop after each sentence, so that the girl could understand his words, the masterpiece continued his musings.

"This is an Elite School, graduating from which the students can apply to basically any job they want.

But in just 2 days, it is fairly visible that the students in our class are far from Elite material. They don't pay any attention to the class and are living their life freely, spending their points baselessly.

So what's the point of all of this?"

Ayanokouji, instead of deducing any more, asked Horikita a question himself causing the girl to narrow her eyes.

"That's true. Why should the school give these ignorant students points to sustain living as well as a free ticket to their future?

Also seeing us acting this way...Why did Mr.Sakagami smirk like that? Why was he acting delighted-"

While she was muttering to herself, Horikita's eyes widened as Ayanokouji inwardly sighed in satisfaction.

'That's right. Now tell me did you figure it out yourself? Or do I need to give you a couple more hints.'

Horikita's eyes slowly darted towards Ayanokouji as she gulped a little, swallowing the saliva building up in her throat.

"Ayanokouji-kun....I don't know whether my next words would sound like a reach..."

"It doesn't matter if your words have no meaning. I'm interested to hear it nevertheless."

Upon hearing his words of reassurance, Horikita sighed in relief before giving him a stern look.

"I don't think everyone would get the desired job that this school advertises. If you look at it from an outside point of view, why should they give the students their desired jobs if all they are good at is behaving recklessly like delinquents and lunatics and spending their points like a bunch of idiots."

Ayanokouji bit back a smirk at the girl's deduction.

'That's good. Looks like I won't have to work too hard on her.'