Chapter 42. Purity's Hatred.

Y'all, this has never been seen before, I'm updating again?! Yay!

~No one's P.O.V~

"Estarossa and Zeldris' Magical Powers instantly vanished into the distance," Monspeet mumbled, receiving a quiet hum from the long-haired Demon beside him.

Derieri tilted her chin up a bit, glancing towards the castle.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Thanks to this heat, our armor's useless!" Howzer shouted and proceeded to get rid of his half-melted armor, "Just take it off and retreat to the castle!" The order he shouted was highly disapproved by a certain pink-haired Holy Knight.

Gilthunder turned around, gripping at the collar of Howzer's shirt and pulling him close, shouting at him as he did so, "What was that?! You're running away?!"

However, Howzer had none of that, and forced Gilthunder's hand off of him before he, himself took ahold of the front of Gilthunder's shirt, glaring at the frustrated Holy Knight in front of him, "You idiot! The Ten Commandments sealed our ability to fight, remember?! So we can't do anything out here! But we can still put our lives on the line to protect the king and the princesses inside that castle! Understand, Gilthunder?!"

"Howzer's got the right idea. We'll focus our efforts in escorting the civilians and Holy Knights here." Slader agreed with Howzer, speaking calmly to try to ease the mood a little.

Simon nodded from beside him, "You look after the royal family."

Suddenly, their attention was caught by something moving closer to them from the distance. Turning their heads, big grins and smiles were plastered on their lips when they saw both Holy Knights and civilians come towards them at a rather steady pace.

"It looks like they saved us the trouble!" Gustav, Jericho's brother, clenched a fist in excitement, "The Holy Knights in the city have already gathered up the civilians!"

"Gilfrost, once they're all inside, put up a Magical Barrier around the castle," Gilthunder ordered the Mage standing behind him.

He gave Gilthunder a firm nod in response, "Leave it to me, Gil!"

"In the castle, quickly!" Gustav shouted, urging the slow-walking people to hurry up. After all, every single moment they spent outside of the castle was another moment they were in danger.

They couldn't even find comfort and trust in their own people, and that was proved for all to see when a civilian walked rather close to Gustav, taking the moment of trust to her advantage, she thrust the kitchen knife she hid under her robes right into Gustav's stomach before letting go, leaving the knife there.

At that same moment, another civilian attempted to cut Howzer's stomach open, and a Holy Knight tried getting Gilthunder in a headlock only for Gilthunder to twist his arm behind his back, "What do you think you're doing?! Stop it!"

"These people are acting crazy!" Howzer shouted as people started surrounding him.

"It is our mission as servants to crack down on disobedient traitors, who refuse to obey the Demon King!" The Holy Knight answered Gilthunder, his voice lowered a bit under his helmet, "Sir Gilthunder, you have to die!"

"They're being controlled by some kind of Magical Power!" Gustav coughed, a hand holding onto his stomach, where he had thoughtlessly pulled the knife out, "No, wait. This feels different... This is something else!"