twenty nine.

valentina's pov- irl!

we ended up going to a carnival. i personally am not a big carnival fan. i don't really like rides. i get too sick on them. but chris seemed happy about it so i just went. 

when we got there, there was a clown. i hate clowns. he started walking towards us cause he saw us looking at him. my eyes widen and i grabbed chris' wrist and started speed walking away.

 "i wanted to say hi to the clown" chris said. i looked over at him and he was pouting.

"no"

"why not? pleasee" he begged, dragging out the e.

"no"

he sighed, "ur no fun val". he crossed his arms.

"i'm not saying hi to a clown. he's fucking creepy, look at him"

"val! you can't curse in front of little kids" he was pretending to be shocked. as if he wasn't cursing five minutes ago when we were waiting to get tickets.

"oh shut up. they can't even hear us"

"you don't know that"

i rolled my eyes and started walking to the games. he followed behind me. i wanted to win myself a stuffed animal. i don't need a man to do it. 

*time skip blablabla sorry LMAO*

we were going on a ferris wheel. i hate rides, the only one i like are ferris wheels. especially at night. when you reach the top and you get a view of everything around you is the best thing ever.

we got on the ride. we were talking until we got to the top. i started looking at the stars. 

"i love when i can see the stars. it doesn't happen very often." i looked back at him. he smiled at me. i smiled back of course. 

now we were just sitting there staring at each other. it happened so quickly, but we both leaned in. and before i knew it we were kissing. it was short and sweet.

once we got off the ride we didn't speak about it at all. neither of us ignored it, we just didn't feel a need to talk about it. we hung around for a little while longer. then we got fried dough for everyone back at the hotel and some for ourselves. we made our way home right after that.

we got to the hotel room and walked into my room first. we assumed that's where everyone would be. we were right. they were all just talking.

"we brought you guys zeppoles!!" i said while walking in.

"i love you" lola ran up to me and grabbed the bag.

"okay real question: how was your date?" matt said while raising his brows up and down.

"matt shut the fuck up" chris looked at the floor, blushing.

"geez okay i won't ask" he put his hands up, surrendering. we all laughed at the two of them. for the rest of the night we just watched movies together.

author's note!

they kissed!! yay!! i mean it was only like a little kiss but first of all: it's their first date. second of all: i don't wanna be weird about it. i feel like it's kinda awkward to write and also they aren't comfortable with sexualizing. i don't want it to come off that way. 

chris is a real person with real feelings and i feel like it's kinda weird to go into detail about that stuff. especially since he isn't comfortable with people sexualizing. it just feels like it would be and the last thing i wanna do is go against one of their only boundaries. 

this book was always more focused on their "friendship". i used the term friend loosely, as i am planning for them to start dating. i mean like how they act around each other and stuff. it was never planned to be their intimate relationship together. i just don't like writing intimacy with real people. does this make sense? i feel like i didn't really explain it well so lmk if u want me to explain it in another way

GUYS THANK U SO MUCH FOR 200K READS?? I'VE SAID THIS SO MANY TIMES SO I DONT WANNA KEEP REPEATING MYSELF BUT THANK U FOR EVERYTHING. I STARTED WRITING THIS FOR FUN AND I TRULY NEVER DID EXPECT ANYTHING OUT OF IT. I LOVE AND APPRECIATE U ALL SO MUCH. THANK U THANK U THANK U

something that i'm sadly going to have to admit is this book will be ending soon. don't worry, not now. probably not in the next month. but probably by the end of april/start of may? maybe earlier. i'm not sure it really just depends on my motivation to write this.

i love u guys so much. i'm always here to just listen. i'm not the best at comforting but if u do ever need to just vent to someone dm me. i can give u my snap or insta! have a really good day, you deserve it.

also guys this was supposed to go up like three hours ago but i forgot to post it. sorry LMFAOO