Chapter 9

The quintuplets stretched out their arms as they finally got to leave home after doing their homework. I then sighed as I looked at Mom who shared takoyaki with Raiha.

[Y/N]: I've never seen anyone finish their homework that long.

Nino: Easy for you to say! You were always smarter than all of us!

[Y/N]: My brain is just as good as all of yours. Just combined.

Nino began to hit my chest continuously and spit out multiple excuses on why they're stupider than I am. Mom then laughs after seeing our bond as I just pushed Nino away from me.

[Y/N]: Why don't you guys go catch goldfish or something. I'm gonna take a break over there.

Nino: How old do you think we are!? 12!?

I ignored Nino's statement and walked over to the side and sat on some railings. I sighed before leaning my head on my hand.

[Y/N]: Jeez, how'd this Sunday get so crazy? Oh yeah, I yelled at mom and reunited her with the Uesugi Family.

Itsuki: What's with that unfestive look on your face?

I looked up and saw Itsuki, who changed into a yukata. If I didn't get to know them for 6 years, I would've thought Itsuki was someone else and I wouldn't have recognised her.

That is, until I noticed that she looked absolutely gorgeous in that yukata. The way she had her hair up and styled beautifully. Only thing ruining that look was her eating the corndog.

Itsuki: S-Stop staring.

[Y/N]: You know, you would've looked so much better if you weren't eating a corndog so casually. You know what? Get over here. Gimme some of that corndog.

Itsuki: Wha- no! Stay away from my food!

[Y/N]: Oh, come on! I'll say you did your hair really well!

Itsuki: C-Complimenting me wouldn't convince me to give you my food!

[Y/N]: It worked last time!

Itsuki: That was last time!

Mom: Now now, stop fighting over a single corndog. I can get you another one, [Y/N].

[Y/N]: Ugh, it's not as special as it would be if it weren't Itsuki's corndog.

Itsuki: Stay away from my food!!

Of course, I always liked to bully Itsuki by trying to eat her food. It's funny enough to see her being so protective over her food and it's even more funny if I make her flustered by complimenting her.

Mom: Alright. Break it up, you two. [Y/N], do you really want a corndog?

[Y/N]: Only if it's Itsuki's!

Mom: Itsuki, give it to him. I'll get you two more.

Itsuki: Deal!

Itsuki stuffed her corndog into my mouth and ran towards my mom. It may not be what I wanted from Itsuki but at least I got her corndog. The others then gathered with us as the only one that wasn't here was Yotsuba, Futaro and Raiha.

Ichika: Ahaha, what are we all doing here? Shouldn't we be in the festival?

[Y/N]: Beats me. You guys are the ones coming here, I was just taking a break.

Ichika: Well then, we should-

I then noticed her pick up her phone in her bag. Someone must've called her. She went to the side to talk to whoever was in the phone as I looked back at the others.