Thirty- Four

Kalanie +6 months

Kalanie sighed as she sat down. "But dad...I don't know if I wanna call him. I don't know if he did it or not , but still....what if they still charge him?" Kalanie questioned.

"Well kalanie.... whatever happens, happens. Ain't much we can do about it. It's whatever God wants." He shrugged. She could only agree with him.

"And call that man. He need to hear from you and Joy." Her dad explained.

"Ok dad." She sighed. "Alright, I'll see you later." He spoke hugging her. She nodded hugging him back. They headed to the door and she opened the door as let him out.

She let tears fall because she was mad at herself for waiting 6 Months before calling amir.

She declined his calls and everything and she felt so bad. She decided she would go see him today, and let him know everything.

She walked out of the house and headed to her car.

••••••••••

Kalanie tried to speak but the look that amir was giving her made her feel even worse.

"I-im sorry amir." She sniffled. He just watched. "Why you ain't answer my calls or visit me until now? It's been 6 months, kalanie. I wanna see my daughter, and I wanna talk to her. I felt like I was going insane , not seeing or hearing from you or joy." He explained.

He was calm and the made kalanie feel a little better.

"Ian do it kalanie. If that's what you worried a about, Ian do it kalanie." He explained. "I don't know what I did to make you ignore me , but I'm sorry. And I love you and Joy. I didn't do it , and imma be out soon. Cuz they violated my rights. I got a court date in two weeks." He explained.

She smiled as she wiped her tears. "You didn't do anything. Don't be sorry, I'm sorry." She explained. "But um....I'm pregnant, amir." She explained.

He made an unreadable face before smiling. "7 months." She explained. "Kalanie, why you ain't tell me? I'm trying not to show it , but I'm pissed. Why did you go so long without talking to me? You having my baby , and Ian even know." He explained and she could hear the anger in his voice.

She was silent. "I-i just....I don't know. I really thought you did it , amir. I know it's stupid to be angry about that. I don't still like Jerome, I just didn't think he deserved death." She went on. "I didn't wanna believe it was you." She went on.

"But it wasn't me. Ion wanna talk about that. What you having?" He asked. "A boy." She smiled. He smiled. "Amir junior." He spoke.

She shook her head. "No." She chuckled. "Time is up." She seen an officer tao Amirs shoulder. His facial expression changed.

"I love you , kalanie." He spoke as he stared ahead.

"I love you too." She wiped another tear that fell. "Imma call you." He spoke. She nodded as she put the phone back in the hook and he did as well.

More tears fell as she watched an officer walk him away. She sighed standing up.

Once she was out of the building she sat in her car trying to contain her emotions but they were running wild and the baby made her more emotional.

She missed amir so much , and joy did too. She didn't want joy to grow apart from amir again, but she was already doing that by never visiting him.

She decided she would stop and start talking to him , and visiting him again.

She just wanted a stress free pregnancy, and she knew this whole jail situation would cause a lot of stress. She could already feel herself getting stressed out about everything.

Even with her not speaking to amir , she worried about him everyday.

She wiped her face before pulling off from the building.

She continued driving until she got home.